Monday, October 19, 2015

Girlie Autumn Drive

 Dress: Dorothy Dress by PLY428 (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Leggings: Roamans
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Kate & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to go to 2 farmers' markets with Kate, then for a girlie Saturday drive. It may not be so obvious in these photos, but this dress has an asymmetrical hemline, making it scandalously short enough on one side that I needed to wear leggings for decency...especially on this blustery day. Also, the hem was completely unfinished. I adored the bright blue & olivey chartreuse color combination (I tried to mimic it in my eye make-up), the fit was great, & the armholes didn't gape at all. 
The girlie wearing a GB housebrand dress in an autumn print...the neckline of this style did not lay right for her, but I have since fallen in love with this faux wrap on me. Orange tights! I hope I get this dress soon before the leaves have all fallen off the trees. 
After market we drove up to Spring Green so Kate could hammock camp for the night right next to American Players Theatre where we had tickets to a play the following day. There was an adorable old guy at the entrance to the park who asked me...don't you have some trees in your backyard she could camp in? Despite him thinking he had 2 empty sites, they had been taken while he had gone to town for lunch. We drove on to Governor Dodge State Park, but shortly before we arrived...Kate remembered she had forgotten her underquilt for her hammock & she might freeze all her girlie parts off if she tried to sleep overnight without it. So, we drove around the beautiful park checking out the campsites for future reference...& enjoying the lovely autumn day. I love spending time with my girlie! 
My make-up this day included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue, Urban Decay Thrash eyeshadow, Burgundy lip cream by Bite Beauty, & China Glaze Budding Romance on my nails. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour palette on the dress. It's really unusual but so, so good! I love drives at this time of year. Seeing all the lovely shades of leaves is a real pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK AMAZING! Thank you so much for the photos.
    The dress was done exclusively for Gwynnie Bee.
    Please visit our Website to see what else we are up to.
    plyapparel.com

    Because you deserve the best!
    PLY
    Pamela and Lamarr Nanton
    Designers of
    PLY Apparel

    ReplyDelete