Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pride & Prejudice

 Dress: Fit & Flare Dress in Mixed Print by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit) 
Teggings: Re/Dress
 Sandals: Born, thrifted
Necklace, Earring, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to farmers' market, wine tasting, & to see a play. I was thrilled when I first saw this dress...pattern mixing! Totally my thing. It was a great idea, but I don't feel it was quite pulled off...it was made to look like a skirt & crop top, this added bulk & looked sloppy. I would have preferred a more fitted waist with the two fabrics connected. However, the colors in the floral skirt...vibrant & gorgeous...truly, the photos can't capture how fabulous it is. Also, it has pockets. If this dress speaks to you...I just saw it at Nordstrom Rack over the weekend for $20. 
Kate & I went to two farmers' markets & to wine tasting earlier in the day before going to APT to see Pride & Prejudice with Angie in the evening. 
Kate, all pretty for picnicking. The second photo is a look she gives me often...it says...are we done yet?? Can we eat???
Apple themed dinner. I made an apple & fennel salad based on this recipe...with spinach, pearled barley, & lovely pink pearl apples...served with pumpkin wild rice bread. Angie made delicious apple cake for dessert, & Kate brought a bottle of hard apple cider she got in Michigan. Yum.  
It was dark before the play began...with a full harvest moon moving across the sky. It was fun to watch that, along with all the bats that are always a part of the show. This was our last outdoor play for the season. So many things coming to an end. 
The above photo was nabbed online as no photography is allowed when the actors are on stage. It was a wonderful production & I adore Marcus Truschinski...he was perfect in the role of Mr. Darcy. I think I may have to reread this book over the winter, as well as watch some of the film adaptations. 
My make-up this day included...Urban Decay's Voodoo eyeliner, orange & lime eyeshadows from Make Up For Ever, a mixture of Bite Beauty Blood Orange & MAC Korean Candy on my lips, & J'Adore My Mani by Morgan Taylor on my nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment