Sunday, November 30, 2014

Girlie Afternoon

 Dress: 3/4-Knot Front Dress in Bouquet by Lucie Lu (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Ariat
Necklace: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this dress to go out to lunch & shopping with Kate & Angie, then again the next day to run errands with Super Boo. Such pretty shades of orange & gold in this soft fuzzy winter floral dress. This style is super flattering with the sweetheart neckline, but I have other Lucie Lu prints I like better. As always, I size up 1 in this brand. 
Kate, Angie, & I had a girlie afternoon that started with a mediterranean lunch at Nile where we had tea, feta, olives, hummus, pita, stuffed grape leaves, tabbouleh, & spinach pie. 

Then, the real reason for our outing, Sephora! I had a 20% off coupon that I had used earlier in the week to get foundation that I was out of...but this day was for playing with all the pretty shiny sparklies. I got this year's Bite Beauty Tin with 4 mini lip pencils (which I forgot to include in the photo below)...actually, I mostly got lipsticks...& free things, like the Caudalie skincare box. 
 

After dabbling, sampling, & purchasing lovely & necessary supplies...we went to Nordstrom Rack, where Angie found a great deal on make-up & Kate tried on sexy dresses, including the plaid print above which went home with her. 
It was a delightful girlie afternoon even though I'm not much of a shopper...it's enjoyable to do a few times a year & playing with make-up tops my list of frivolous fun activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment