Saturday, November 1, 2014

Antique Circus Wagons


 Dress: Seneca Maxi Dress in Teal Tango by Igigi (26/28)
Sandals: Clarks
Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: Etsy
Necklace: Me
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this stunning maxi to the farmers' market with the girlie & to have lunch & run errands with Super Boo. I had my eye on this dress since it first appeared on the Igigi site, so when they had an extremely generous Labor Day sale, I *had* to make it mine. I find it difficult to resist a paisley print anything & I just adored the 60s feel to this design...& of course the medley of gorgeous colors. The fit on this is fantastic & the soft jersey fabric & draped neckline made me feel beautiful. 
I felt beautiful in this dress...every woman deserves to feel that way every day. When I first discovered Igigi in the early 2000s, I fell in love with their dresses...the designs & patterns weren't like anything I was buying at Lane Bryant. I immediately ordered 2 dresses & they were even better in person...the fabric felt luxurious & they didn't fall apart or pill after a few wears. I still have every Igigi garment I've ever bought hanging in my closet. When I interviewed for grad school, I wore Igigi. When I graduated from grad school, I wore Igigi. It's comforting to know that whatever the occasion, I have the perfect Igigi dress for that & I know I will feel confident & beautiful. 
Kate, the tigress. 
I gravitated to the gold train car, of course. These antique circus trains that live at Circus World in Baraboo were visiting downtown Madison as part of the Overture 10th anniversary celebration. They used to make the trip to Milwaukee each summer along the railroad tracks & stop here for several hours...I would go & marvel at their exquisite beauty...I think everything should be beautiful & special like these circus wagons. 
This is my new favorite photo of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment