Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Marquette in Autumn

 Dress: Paige Dress in Navy & Red by Cherry Velvet (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn a free garment upgrade for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Teggings: Re/Dress
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this ensemble while visiting my BFF Brian & my parents for the weekend. I am madly in love with Cherry Velvets that flare out, but this was not my favorite pattern or color combination...I still had great fun wearing it & I loved the double pointed 70s lapels. The sleeves on this were extremely tight on me, but otherwise it fit fantastically. Cherry Velvet dresses are well made with heavy cotton & are a joy to wear. 
I wore this one more time when I got back to Madison because it rained nearly the entire day I wore it in Marquette, so no good photo opportunities.
This park on Lake Michigan is on the stretch of road between Menominee & Escanaba. We first stopped at it years ago on our way to the cabin we often rent in the summer on Lake Superior. We swung on swings, Kate, Paul, & I; swam in the water; & Oscar drank so much of the lake he peed in the car when we didn't take his urgent whining seriously enough. Now I nearly always stop, but there was no swimming this time. 
Brian's mom made pasties, which I devoured when I got to his house Friday night! The food of my birthplace. It was so wonderful to see my precious friend Brian & be able to talk & laugh with him in person. 

Saturday my mom & I met for brunch...this breakfast sandwich was delicious. Afterwards we visited Brian at farmers' market where he scored a space inside on the horribly rainy day for his delightful body products, Be-Leaf. I stocked up on his hand, foot, & "heal" moisture bar...it is divine & the only thing that softens up my hooves. 
How fabulous are these lamps my uncle made my parents?? I have an antique Singer sewing machine that I'm going to give him as soon as I find a shade I like....so much better than hiding it away in the cabinet, it can be displayed on top of it instead...& have a functional use...& we can enjoy the beauty. 

Sunday my mom gave me boxes of things from my childhood to take back to Madison to share with Super Boo. They are moving to Tennessee & I guess they no longer feel the need to drag around every drawing I ever did in preschool. 
Lake Superior on a rainy Saturday...there were some crazy guys surfboarding in wetsuits. The colors were a week past their peak, but the leaves were still gorgeous on the road to my parent's house. 
 Sock season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment