Thursday, April 15, 2021

Easter Outside

Dress: Cap Sleeve Yellow Print Dress by Tiana B (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Talbots (size 3x), thrifted
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Born
Earring & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
I adored the bright yellow lemon-like spring print of this dress...& that's where the love affair ended. It was too big & shapeless...it reminded me of a hospital gown. The fabric was flimsy & cheap feeling, the armholes were huge, & the cutout in back was too low (had to keep pulling my bra down). But...it looked like Easter, so I wore it anyway. 
Dress I don't like? Throw all the lemons at it! Even this wall said lemons all over it. 
If I had realized how frumpy I looked in this dress...I wouldn't have worn it. I never really know what I look like until I see photos. This is my first time wearing these shoes since brightening them up with shoe polish (duller version).
Last outfit photos before a much needed hair cut. I actually have a vintage Miriam Haskell lemon necklace that broke. Someday I will fix it, but I'm glad I didn't have it available to me because I prefer this brighter orange necklace...yellow & green wouldn't have stood out as much. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars; Grass, Candles, & Ten eyeshadow by Lime Crime; NYX lip liner in Orange County; MAC lipstick in Dozen Carnations; & Woodstock nail polish from Colors by Llarowe. 
Ms. Siouxsie Sioux...always perfect. Mushrooms! I am in love with this dress from nooworks. 
Friday nights...chick DJs. David made us a whole roasted snapper...it was delicious. 
New Wave Saturdays. An Easter visit from the girlie & her beau...it was in the 70s & gorgeous outside. 
Perhaps our next photo will be us touching each other?! Glenn Crytzer playing songs from 1939. In the late afternoon...more visitors for a casual Easter brunch. Angie made deviled eggs...my favorite!!! 
We opened up a bottle of sparkling wine & a crisp white. I LOVE this picture of David...my husband is so sexy...even if he does hate having his picture taken. Angie blowing bubbles for Freddie. David made us Chilean sea bass & asparagus for our meal...but apparently I was so hungry, I forgot to take a shot. Angie baked these fabulous almond cookies, which made the most wonderful strawberry shortcake. I thought it was extra sweet of her to make something we could eat that is low carb (to control our diabetes). And lastly, I wore this dress to get the final PRP shot in my knee. Here's hoping it works. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment