Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Muffin Queen's Actual Closet

Dress: Opposing Stripes Fit & Flare Dress by Eloquii (size 28)
Shoes: Express
All Jewelry: Vintage Sobral via eBay 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I adore the opposing stripes in this colorful Eloquii dress...I just wish all of their dresses didn't have a tie at the neck...I prefer to wear a necklace. Great fit & length...& just enough twirl in the skirt. I took the colors I liked best & added them into other elements...green eyeliner, orange eyeshadow & tights, red shoes...& the stripe-y jewelry has all the hues. 
I bought these shoes for a few dollars at Gordmans years ago as I was walking through there on my way to Torrid. So cute! 
In addition to quitting blush...I also got bored with wearing a bunch of eyeshadow colors at once & have been paring it down to something a bit more subtle. I think it makes my heavy lidded eyes stand out more. What do you think? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mainline, Nars eyeshadow in Mediteranee, Pumpkin Pie Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star, Korean Candy lipstick from MAC, & CND Vinylux nail polish in Vermillion. 
Advent Calendar, Day 18. SO much spinach...this time of year the overwintered spinach from market is incredibly hearty & sweet...we alternate between having salads & sautéing it...here it is served with farmers bologna on our new Fiesta plate in Poppy. 
Another special delivery from Flora...her Czech jewelry is so lovely. She very sweetly sent along this matching ring & earrings to the bracelet I bought. I've had my eye on this for a while since I have a pendant/pin that exactly matches the center piece. If you make this photo larger, you can see that the chain on the back is held by 2 lion heads...such attention to detail makes me swoon. The other multi colored bracelet is too gorgeous for words...pictures do not do it justice & I must have stared at it for an hour after I unwrapped it. 
Online entertainment...the only thing we have in 2020. DJ, then a documentary about Joy Division, followed by some tribute songs by Dead Souls, with special guest...Unwoman. And 2 DJ sets.
Girlie DJs are the best. The Lowest Pair performing from Washington State. 
The Muffin Queen's actual closet. I had posted my Fluevog boots from the 90s on the Flummunity & I was asked to share more of my closet...so I took photos. It's not exactly clean, but this is as good as it gets. 
It's very exciting to have a place for everything. David very cleverly came up with this idea of using slide out tie racks for my tights & teggings. 
Antique wooden crates that have been poly-ed hold my rolled up sweaters. The top row of dresses are all the dresses I've never worn & have been working my way through lately. 
All the shoes & nail polishes have a home. The mirror still needs to be hung on the wall now that I've covered it in colorful foil & glitter. 
The week of Christmas, David & I decided to start unpacking boxes...we got through about 40. Lots of stuff went through the dishwasher & into the china cabinets in our dining room. It was like Christmas every day!
Advent calendar & live music online. 
My favorite Saturday night DJ event, Planet Earth.
Glenn Crytzer Quartet. Save The Senate Festival...so many good musicians...
Amanda Palmer's performance was by far the most adorable...she started out playing inside...then stopped to wonder if we could hear the birds...then decided to walk outside through the window to share the beauty of New Zealand with us. Sista Strings playing live for Cafe Carpe. 
Mmmmm...citrus & vetiver on day 20. Some of our emptying of boxes on the kitchen counter...I ended up washing a lot of things by hand that were too delicate for the machine. 
We got this Fluevog shoe polish for some black marks on a pair of 'Vogs, but that didn't work out...however, it performed magic on these Born shoes of mine (before & after shot) & some of David's orange shoes as well. Jake'O playing on his birthday & on the 21st day of advent...warm & spicy cologne. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment