Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Ball & Chain

Dress: Ball & Chain Dress in Vernis Raindrops by Beth Ditto (size 3x)
Tights: Snag in Shepards' Delight 
Shoes: Söfft, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Heidi Daus via eBay
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I'm trying to wear some of the many (200-ish?) dresses I own, but have never worn. Here we have a dramatic dress from the now defunct Beth Ditto label. I assumed these red droplets were blood...but in looking this dress up online, she intended them to be nail polish drips. This 3x fits more like a 4x...the fit is great, there is a built-in tie belt at the waist that you can tie in front or back. The circle at the waist is the center of all the gathering...I especially enjoyed the shorter waterfall effect in front. There were 2 deep pockets that I didn't even notice until I took the dress off. 
Nice full skirt that billowed out with the wind. 
I chose the bat necklace back when I thought I was matching it with a blood droplet dress. I've decided to stop wearing blush since I'm not sure I even like it...what do you think? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Kat von D Tattoo liquid liner in Trooper; Pink Pearl, Golden Nugget, & Sin City eyeshadow by Too Faced; UD lipliner in 714; Ciate Glitter Flip liquid lipstick in Scandal; & Red Velvet nail polish from Color Club. 
Shiny shiny...shiny boots of leather...from John Fluevog. December 1st...time to open door number 1 in my advent calendar. 
Oolang Infini was my first scent...after it settled down on my skin, it was quite smokey & woodsy. DJ ellafine spinning darkwave/synthpop...& when she was through she took us on a raid of DJ MizMargo, who also plays spooky tunes. 
Slot number 2 contained Trèfle Pur. Tracey! Painting with gaudy gold...I love it. She saw that I was watching & told me she thinks she has finally found a reliable shipper *crosses fingers*...someday that magnificent mirror will live with me. Amanda Palmer, who never posts pictures of food...shared with us something she eats most days for lunch. It's a kale bowl with lemon, soft boiled eggs, pomegranate seeds, sauerkraut, hummus, avocado, red onion, an apricot, cherry tomatoes, & a handful of blueberries with balsamic on top. It sounds delicious & I want to make a version of it.  
Speaking of food...I got this fabulous fish fry from Sal's (Dark Horse) for my birthday...& when I saw they were doing it again...I had to order it. These fries are the best I've ever had. David got a spicy pizza that he'd never had before. 
Behind flaps 3 & 4...more lovely smelling perfume. What I've liked most about these Atelier Colognes is they all have a citrusy woodsy quality to them...which I adore. 
Miley Cyrus covering Hole's Doll Parts is amazing...




2 comments:

  1. This dress is AMAZING on you! And I like the no blush look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I appreciate your comments. I guess I'm not sure what the point of blush is...it always looks like blush.

      Delete