Sunday, December 6, 2020

An American in Paris

Dress: Dominique Dress in Emerald Escape by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted
Earring: former Etsy shop
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I remember when Gwynnie Bee first got this dress in 2014...I *needed* it & I got lucky...they sent it to me right away...then I promptly wore it...6 years later. I have a bunch of Igigi dresses...they used to be one of my favorite brands. The fit is always great & I like wrap dresses as they conform to your body. What appealed to me most about this dress was the true green color & fantastic print. 
I wanted to add another color to the green/black/white palette...so of course I picked orange, the color of fun. 
And check out this matching brooch...how could I not have worn that with this dress?!
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars; Poppy, Azalea, Laurel, & Agate eyeshadows by Natasha Denona; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; Treat liquid lip color by Sugarpill; & CND Vinylux nail polish in Fine Vermillion. 
There is a channel on YouTube called, The Shows Must Go On! And they've been showing musical theatre for months now...I watched this charming version of Gershwin's An American in Paris...so many classics...I Got Rhythm, 'S Wonderful, They Can't Take That Away From Me...& a bunch more tunes you've heard of. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Carsie Blanton doing her monthly live show to raise the rent for the boys in her band...one of which grew a mustache...Joe, why'd you have to grow that mustache?! Carsie has a song about that that she dedicated to him. Look how adorable she is!
Saturday night Late Bar show, Planet Earth...with Japan & The Cramps. Davina adopted a doggie! And Sunday's with Glenn Crytzer...this week doing songs from 1923. 
A video chat with the girlie...hi, girlie! Terry Douglas Band playing on Midland Theatre's FB page...a new to me band. And Rainbow Girls covering a Green Day song. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment