Monday, December 17, 2018

Eliza Rickman & Greg Allison

 Dress: Swing Dress in Geometric Print by Alice & You (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Cardigan: Liz Claiborne (size 3x), thrifted 
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Naturalizer, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker 
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo
Stat: 5'7" 55-50-64
No GB at home...so I pulled this out of my closet...forgetting that I *just* wore this dress 4 months ago...& before that, over 2.5 years ago. I adore swing dresses & am so pleased I bought several when they were in style a few years ago...I still see them for sale occasionally. I suppose I took the swing out of the dress by buttoning a cardigan on top.
The photos of me in this dress from 4 months ago were taken at the end of June...just a few weeks before getting vasculitis. I was on prednisone for an extended period & it seems to have relocated fat to my face permanently. According to everything I've looked up online...that's not a thing, but...
I liked the prints on the leggings & dress together so much...I didn't want to spoil it by adding another print in the cardigan...so solid red pulls it all together. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Oxblood eyeliner by NYX, Too Faced eyeshadow in Spiked Eggnog & Warm & Toasty, Sugarpill eyeshadow in Love+, Perfect Red lipstick by NYX, & OPI nail polish in Tell Me About It Stud. 
I first wore this outfit to work...after which David & I were going to go to the symphony (final rehearsal before the real deal)...but his parent's house was in danger from the Camp Fire & his dad was missing (no cell service, he was safe in the end)...so we decided having pizza at Sal's was a better option so he could take any phone calls he got from his mom to update him. 

I also wore this dress to the farmers' market & to get a temporary handicap parking placard because the sores on my legs are still extremely painful & it often hurts to walk. And look what my girlie got me!!! An assortment of products with CBD oil for me to sample. 
I often mark myself interested in events on Facebook that I might like to go to...& then they get erased from my memory. Eliza Rickman was someone I really didn't want to miss...but I had forgotten about it until a few hours before it began. Luckily, the girlie was up for a last minute adventure at Old Sugar Distillery...with tasty drinks.
This complete stranger, Doug, hires a band to play at his birthday party every year (it came up as an event on Facebook that I only saw because I have Eliza friended)...luckily, Eliza's guy is from Madison...so they were in town for Thanksgiving...what a treat. Kate & I saw her open several years ago for Rasputina in Milwaukee & I backed her video on Kickstarter. It was a completely lovely evening & I'm so glad my girlie & I got to share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment