Sunday, May 11, 2014

M is for Muffin, Meshel, & Madison

Dress: Gathered Surplice Dress from Lands' End via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Earring: Jody McGill
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit for the very first outdoor farmer's market of the season, to attend my very first record store day, & stop by the downtown library to get crafty. This dress was incredibly comfortable, but not overly flattering. The colors & print were great, but I felt like this was a more casual dress...something you'd throw on to take a road trip. Lands' End dresses run at least one size too big, I am wearing a 3x. 
I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but Kate must have really liked this pose because she took a bunch of them...it was 3 weeks ago...I don't have that good of a memory *smile*. Was I imitating the Y? Or was this my why? look? (edited to add: Kate confirmed on Facebook that it was my whyyyyyyy look for the Y. Good thing she's 6 years younger than me & can still remember things!)
I found out through Amanda Palmer's Facebook that Rhino would be releasing The Dresden Doll's first CD on vinyl for Record Store Day...in red/black vinyl!! I was excited! I was so excited that I called all the area record stores to find out how many copies they were getting & what time they opened. 3 stores stated they were getting one copy each. The first place opened at 7 & I slept through my alarm, but made it to the 8 a.m. opening & saw my precious snatched up by someone ahead of me...so I was down to my last hope...B-Side at 9. I was #7 in line, so I was extremely hopeful. At both the stores I went to, I was the only woman in line. I was not aware buying records was a man thing. Also, I learned from a guy behind me at B-Side that he had gotten up at 3 a.m. to drive to Madison from Chicago & when he arrived at Strictly Discs at 6, the line was already around the block. 
Success!
Little bitty tulips poking out of the dirt at farmer's market. 
Kate & I wandered over to the library because they were offering a free class on sharpie dyeing silk scarves...but I was distracted by this...a square punch & soooooo many photos. I need a square punch in my life. 
I taped some of my snippets onto this computer punch card dealie. I loved all the architectural elements. Kate had to tear me away...I couldn't stop punching.
The ladies from Anthology were the artists in residence at the library for 2 months. Laura made this lovely hanging garland out of batik paper she made. It was soooo gorgeous in person. 
My tongue...it is always trying to escape.
The front of this pretty necklace is cut out from an antique Valentine's Day card...but look how lovely the back is too...

2 comments: