Friday, May 9, 2014

Ladies Who Lunch & Shop

 Dress: Skater Dress from ASOS Curve via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko 
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: Me
Photography: Me & Angie (iPhone)
I wore this ASOS skater dress to have lunch with Angie, get our make-up done at the MAC counter, & check out a new plus size clothing store. This dress was ok, nothing special. Mostly, I was just not a fan of the print...not my style...too modern, too much going on. The dress was extremely comfortable, although it could have used a belt to give it some shape. 
We had lunch at Cafe Porta Alba & I had my favorite pizza, Quattro Fromaggi (fresh mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, gorgonzola, & fresh basil (no tomato sauce). Deliciously baked in their wood burning oven.
After lunch we wandered into the mall right into Cornblooms where I fell in love with these olive & black patent Fidji shoes. Aren't they adorable?! I tried (very clumsily) to blur out the background so no other shoes were in the photo. I really wish they had come home with me, but even on sale, they were a bit more than I can justify spending on shoes. Someday. 
Finally...the MAC counter! Despite being there for the release of Playland...neither of us used any of this makeup for our makeovers. Look how pretty my eyeshadow is! I am terrible at applying eyeshadow myself, so I was very pleased with this look. 
 I ended up leaving with one of the Playland lipsticks, Head in the Clouds, a lovely red with gold shimmer. I also got a light orange lipstick, Korean Candy, because it looked so pretty on Angie...& because, orange. Lastly, I had to have a Rubenesque Paint Pot...this lovely cream shadow is golden peachy copper perfection & it is a wonderful highlighter color for me. 
Angie had spotted this store, Z. Bella Boutique, a few weeks back & I had never even heard of it...so we decided to check it out. It is splendid! A plus size store with high end brands you can actually try on without ordering online. Amazing. 
Angie & I in matching pocketed drapey dresses by Nyah. I loved the color of this. So much spring!
Look at those gorgeous Cherry Velvet dresses!! The owner, Zoe, was wearing the purse print dress & it looked adorable on her. She was incredibly nice & she has a great selection of clothes for a variety of tastes. 
This floral dress from Adrianna Papell took my breath away. They have an even lovelier one currently by this same brand that is orange...but sadly...the larger sizes of both are sold out. I am extremely excited to have this fabulous plus size store in town & I plan on visiting regularly to stalk pretty frocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment