Sunday, May 4, 2014

I Wanna See You Bellydance

Dress: Maxi Dress from tbagslosangeles via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Jewelry (last 2 photos): Vintage
Black/White Dress: Whimsey Tribal Dress from Lucie Lu via GB
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone); David, 2nd to last photo (Canon Rebel)
I wore the tbags dress twice, once to the film fest & the second time to a bellydance show. I also wore the above black & white dress the same Saturday as the bellydance show to go to the last indoor farmers' market & to a book sale at the library (with no makeup). The Lucie Lu dress was nothing special. Their dresses run small & my normal size of 4x was quite tight on me. I was not a fan of the tribal print either. 
Kate looking cute in this ASOS dress & Oscar bag. I am in LOVE with her socks & MUST get them...if Sock Dreams ever has another sale...its been a while. 
I first wore this tbags dress to the film fest because I thought I didn't like it & would just wear it once in the cover of darkness...what was I thinking?! I ended up adoring this dress & nearly cried when I had to send it back. Before sending it back, I wore it again to the annual UW Spring Bellydance Show with *much* better jewelry. I loved everything about this dress...I'm not even going to complain about tbags habit of not finishing the hems on their expensive dresses. The colors & patterns on this dress were amazing. I thought the cut & the way it draped was flattering & unusual...I felt like a Greek Goddess. I liked the deep v in back & the dress was so incredibly comfortable. LOVE.
This is our book haul from the final hours of the library book sale...$3 a bag! David & I each stuffed a bag to overflowing. 
Kate & I have been going to this bellydance show for several years now. There were 2! male dancers in the show this year. Both were fabulous. The guy below first came out in a solo number & I felt like I should stuff $ in his pants...he was in pretty good shape. 
The show was really good...so many talented dancers & envy worthy costumes. I need to dig out my coin scarf & find an outfit to wear it with. 
I really liked the jewelry I paired with this dress the second time around.


4 comments:

  1. The fiery sunset palette of the dress and cardigan is lovely with your hair and coloring. I love warm palettes with shots of pink to keep things girly and fun. That photo of you with the statement jewelry is gorgeous! The look is so opulent and glamorous!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz, I appreciate the compliment *smile*. The dress would look great with your coloring too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is quite covetable. I wish I could have afforded to keep it forever *smile*.

      Delete