Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Great Closet Clean-Out of 2014, Part II

 Dress: Tulip Dress in Floral Print from ASOS Curve via Gwynnie Bee (click on link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Lane Bryant
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Born
Necklace & Earring: Vintage Miriam Haskell
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to help Kate clean out her closet with Angie. Although it really only made it as far as Batch Bakery to pick up nibbles. After taking photos, I ended up changing into my beloved Zombie Pacman dress one last time before sending it back to GB. I liked this dress from ASOS Curve, but it was a bit tight as it was a size smaller than I normally wear & there is no stretch. The tightness was noticeable in the arms, which made the chest fit a bit oddly...it pulled the wrap front further apart. I loved the pops of bright colorful flowers against the black background. I think it may be difficult to tell, but in the top 2 photographs, I am wearing purple patterned socks & in the final outfit picture below, I have taken off the socks & am wearing black stockings (which Kate thought looked a lot better & seeing these photos, I agree). 
Mmmmm...Batch. Everything here is so delicious...
Time to tackle Kate's clothes! Good thing I brought along the heavy duty filter masks. The dust mites were driving Kate's nose bonkers. She dumped everything in the living room & went through it piece by piece, trying it on as she went. Angie manned the garbage bags...one for summer, one for donate, & another for trash. Kate got rid of 2 huge garbage bags full of clothes. Everything else got hung in the closet or folded into drawers. We took a break half way through for Pelmeni & wine. It only took 5 hours. My favorite quote of the day from Kate, when I told her to get rid of an ugly shirt: "It's a gardening shirt with bug repellent in it, f#*k off!" 
I'm up next. Eek! Have I mentioned I'm a bit of a hoarder? I might get rid of 1 or 2 things, we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment