Sunday, March 9, 2014

Highlighting & Contouring

Dress: Cold Shoulder Animal Print Dress by Vicky Tiel via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Shoes: Ariat
Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: berkano1 on ebay
I wore this dress to go to a highlighting & contouring class at Sephora with Kate, & then to see Nicole Atkins at High Noon Saloon. I loved the colors, print, & shoulders on this dress. I didn't think it was a very flattering fit on me, but really...it was so fun I didn't even care. It's amazing how sexy it feels to show off your shoulders in this way in the middle of winter.  
These classes at Sephora are positively a fun girlie time & totally free. I love playing with make-up. This class was a bit odd however. The ladies that teach it are great, I guess I just don't get the concept of highlighting and contouring. Why would I want to add shine to my forehead?! Also, blush was an afterthought. It was mentioned at the end, but not part of the class. The most interesting part of the class was that I discovered I have a heart shaped face. I always thought I was oval. 
Cute girlies! Kate pointed out that these were the same dresses we wore to see Zoe Keating, in reverse. I think she wore it better. 
But then, Kate wears everything well..."cause she's a brick house...the lady's stacked & that's a fact, ain't holding nothing back..." I couldn't help it...they played that song between bands that night & it popped into my head. 
Nicole Atkins caught my attention because she's toured & wrote a song with Nick Cave. She was ok, but did not live up to what I was hoping for. I love live music though & Sunday nights at High Noon are always enjoyable because the crowd is small enough to not feel boxed in & big enough for interesting people watching. Now if I only liked beer. 


2 comments:

  1. You both looked fabulous! I always wonder why everyone should make their nose look thinner with contouring. I'm sure lots of people think their nose is too thin or perfect. Why would you need a thinner nose as the standard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, why does anyone need a thinner nose? Or a thinner anything?

      Delete