Monday, March 31, 2014

Reptile Palace Orchestra 20th Anniversary Show

 Dress: Erin Maxi Dress in Brown Print by SWAK via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Earring: ebay seller
Sword Pin: Vintage 80s from The Limited
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to farmer's market, a circus, a concert, & dinner. Actually, I may have put it on after farmer's market, I don't recall. I thought this was a fun print, but like all SWAK maxi dresses, this was soooooo long on me. I'm not sure what Amazon women they make these dresses for. I am 5'7" & this drags on the ground at least 3 inches on me. In the past I have taken one side of the dress up & knotted it, but this time I decided to pin it up with a swashbuckling sword pin that I bought at The Limited back in the 80s. I keep everything! Other than the ridiculous length, this dress was a good fit on me in a 4x & I liked the pattern.
Kate wore this NY Collection Dress via GB to the farmer's market & the circus, but changed later. So cute! I had this dress back in November & just loved the colors & pattern. 
The girlie & I went to see The Wild Rumpus Circus. I loved the gorgeous vintage backdrops they used...borrowed from Baraboo's Circus World Museum. Lovely! The production was not terribly professional, but it was fun. They offer circus classes for people of all ages & this was their recital, basically. The music was fantastic. 
Kate changed into this sexy red Kiyonna wrap dress for the evening. 
Once upon a time, Reptile Palace Orchestra was our favorite local band. Kate & I used to go see them several times a year in our reptile print clothing. We loved their Balkan lounge funk sound, but the real draw was their alluring, adorable, sequin adorned singer & trumpet player, Anna. When she left the band in 2010, we stopped attending their concerts. The first time I saw RPO was in 1994 or 1995 while at an Anne Rice book signing with Shane & I continued to follow them, seeing them with Brian, then Kate. When we learned Anna would be joining RPO on stage for their 20th anniversary show...we were soooo excited! I got tears in my eyes seeing her up there singing & watching the faithful frolicking folk dancers holding hands & jumping about. Notice there are !2! accordion players on stage *swoon*. It just wasn't the same when their "new" singer took the stage. 
We left the concert hungry, so when Super Boo texted me that he was making pasta, we picked up delicious dessert from Chocolaterian & headed home. Chocolate caramel tart. YUM. The perfect ending to a lovely day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment