Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pattern Mixing: Dots & Stripes

 Dress: Dotty Ruched Waist Dress from Jessica Howard via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Me
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to work & to wine tasting with Kate. This dress had a great fit under the bust & waist...the perfect ruching. I really liked it, but there were 2 problems that would cause me to not want to own it. First of all, the pointless zipper up the back. I do not understand why designers do that...it adds bulk & causes the dress not to lay as nicely in back. No one would ever need to use this zipper. The second problem was the way the neckline folded over a bit in front. It didn't lay right & that always makes me feel sloppy. I am wearing this dress in a 24, so it runs a size big. I have worn several Jessica Howard dresses & the 24 is always a good fit for me. 
Kate is wearing a top from Kiyonna that looked amazing on her...really highlighted her hourglass figure. As you can tell, it was a tad windy out. I liked how the wind puffed up the skirt of my dress in the second photo. 
We were tasting wine from Italy, poured by a man from the vineyard. He had thee most marvelous accent. It was all delightful & Kate bought a few bottles that I hope she shares with me. 

This bracelet has a vintage 2-sided peep show token on it (I thought it was from a brothel, but I just looked up the description from when I bought it years ago). One side features a bare breasted woman that says, "heads I win". The other side pictures a naked bottom & says, "tails you lose". These tokens were used to open the curtain at a peep show to reveal the star attractions. Samantha finds some really fun & unusual vintage bits & bobs to add to her jewelry...I just adore the pieces I've gotten from her over the years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment