Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Brown & Creme Polka Dots!

Dress: Terracotta Dot Puff Sleeve Midi Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I didn't realize how much I missed brown until I wore this dress. I wear a lot of color now & brown just doesn't fit into my bright wardrobe the way it once did. This dress was spectacular...I adore polka dots, the fit was spot on (ha!), & I love a midi dress...also, the fabric was silky & felt lovely against my skin. The front slit was a bit high & while the buttons were cute, I'm against non-functioning buttons. 
I was so excited to finally have an outfit to wear these shoes with...I found them at Savers years ago & I've been meaning to paint them more exciting colors...but procrastination. 
I don't really have any brown jewelry, so I went with orange & amber. And this fabulous metallic orange liner from Kat von D...which I had to suck on to get going...& then my mouth was full of orange liquid. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach, Kat von D Lightning Metallic Liner in Ludwig, Dirty Talk & Ounce eyeshadow by UD, Pumpkin lipstick by KvD, UD Vice Special Effects in Seether, & Harvest Moon nail polish from China Glaze. 
As I was looking through these outfit photos...it occurred to me that I have a brown & creme polka dot bracelet I had picked up at a garage sale some time ago...so I *do* have some brown jewelry. This pretty gold & peach Vendome necklace/earrings came in the mail from eBay...who sent me a $25 off coupon in celebration of 25 years of eBay...I've been a member since 1996. Them Coulee Boys playing Labor of Love Fest, raising money for suicide prevention. Raspberries from Fern at Tuesday's Eastside Market...& baby ginger, yum. Also, my first trip to the beauty supply since the pandemic hit...we ordered online once. The huge display of OPI polish that is always packed...had about 3 colors available, so I asked why they were discontinuing carrying OPI...& I guess it's just nearly impossible to get right now...I *need* some of the new fall shades.  Soren from Them Coulee Boys...the 2nd installment of Soren Sings 'em Sad & Slow. Tracey teaches...& check out this gorgeous ginger peach hair...do I need ginger peach hair?! 
Rochelle Clark & Jason Dennie playing live on The Ark Facebook page...& Virtually Green Note #45 with Serious Sam Barrett, The Washboard Resonators, & James the Fang...I hadn't heard of any of them before watching this & now I'm a fan...the one good thing about quarantine has been discovering new bands. 
Using gold wax to make this silver metal warm...the right is gold...much more noticeable in real life. The Lowest Pair playing live from their home in Olympia, WA...their last until November. 



No comments:

Post a Comment