Thursday, September 3, 2020

Baby, I Love Your Way

Top: Yellow Faux Wrap Top by Melissa McCarthy (size 4x)
Skirt: Green Retro Skirt by Eva Rose (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Array, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
It feels like it has been forever since I wore a skirt...I'm such a dress lover...but it was fun to find a top in my closet that went with this skirt GB sent me. It's by one of my favorite labels, Eva Rose...this skirt was cotton with no stretch & a zipper up the back...with pockets. I don't have as many pattern mixing opportunities in the summer...& a skirt opens that up. I'd try more of these sturdy cotton skirts in the future. 
I bought this cheery yellow top when Melissa McCarthy clothing was coming to an end several years back...this was my first wearing of it. 
It was like Wendy made this earring to go with this blouse...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars, UD eyeshadow in Dragon & Freeze, Lumiere eyeshadow from Mon Ennui Cosmetics, Big Bang lipliner & lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in Can't Hear Myself Pink! 
All live music, all online...Miss Tess, Dan Rodriguez, Hanah Jon Taylor Trio at Olbrich, Scott Bradlee doing Baby, I Love Your Way, & Mr. Pokey LaFarge. Blue Ox was both online & limited in person...it was so much fun to see how excited the bands were to have a live audience to interact with. Barbaro, followed by Them Coulee Boys on Friday night. Those boys are so much fun. The willow trees in the drive through farmers' market pickup. I don't recall how I first came across Heather Renaux & her hauntingly beautiful art, but she was having a sale...& these will all look amazing in my purple & red striped office. I plan on framing each one of them differently in frames I create & decorate myself. It is going to be a fun project. After farmers' market on Saturday...I went to Kate's for a backyard visit. Sigh. I miss hugging my girlie. And doing things. And. But I am grateful to be able to see her in person. Driving home from Kate's...an altered sign on E. Johnson. Carsie! Doing her monthly rent party for the boys in her band...& their adorable dog, Skunk. Carsie is SO cute...that is the entire reason I became a fan of hers...High Noon kept spamming me with her gig there & I finally looked up her music because...well, look at her...adorable. AND...her music is fantastic. She was fabulous in person.After party on Zoom for Patreon supporters...Carsie was asking what we were all listening to & I mentioned Davina...& she loves Davina too!!! I am always excited when artists I like also like each other. Glenn Crytzer Quartet with a celesta...which is a mini piano/xylophone...I loved it. And...the second night of Blue Ox with Charlie Parr finishing out the night. Barefoot...which always makes me smile. Orton Park Festival went online this year & I enjoyed watching Cycropia...however, it was not nearly as beautiful as it is at night in the magnificent oak trees. Hopefully, next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment