Monday, May 25, 2020

Pink Flamingos

 Dress: Flamingo Print Pink/Black Fit & Flare Dress by Eva Rose (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklaces & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I was smitten with this flamingo dress...I mean...the kitsch of it all. The fit & length were great...& the fabric was soft like pajamas. My only criticism was...I wish more flamingoes had been right side up, as the majority of them were standing on their heads. 
As we were taking these photos in front of the mural painted on the side of A Pig in a Fur Coat...the door was open & they were cooking...it smelled sooooooo fabulous, but they aren't even open right now.
The armholes were a bit large...but not so much that my bra showed.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Violet Voss eyeshadow in Flamingo, Donut, Pineapple, & Seashell; Big Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD; & OPI nail polish in I Can't Hear Myself Pink!
I wore this dress to do some teletherapy & gather things from farmers' market. I also watched some live online concerts (mostly while *not* wearing this dress)...JP Harris, Bret Helm from Audra, & Brandon Beebe (Kate & I "discovered" him when he opened up for Zoe Keating)...he played some Prince covers & in addition to his own music, he has a cover band called Purple Veins. A neighbor who walks by our house often, knocked & asked David if he could have some of the bricks we have stacked in front of our house (all vintage recycled from Deconstruction Inc). We used them for building our fireplace surround & David is currently using some for making a walkway outside his shop. This neighbor was looking for something to put under his rain barrel & David had a bunch of cement blocks in the backyard that the guy & his wife loaded into David's truck...so the wife baked us a rhubarb pie. Yum. David is the friendly one...I never would have answered the door. 
A new style of earrings from Wendy (worn in these outfit photos), a vintage necklace from Australia that I feared was lost, lovely vintage earrings repurposed into something more fantastic, & a set of purple flower jewelry from Colleen Toland. 
After perusing nearly 70 curtain books...I've narrowed it down to 5 that have useful information...but really...the best of all of them (which I've downloaded, but will probably buy a paper copy of too) is The Complete Photo Guide to Window Treatments. David picking my favorite flowers...lilacs. And...more live music curtesy of Arts + Literature Laboratory of a delightful band I'd never heard of. 
Every Friday night...Sean Hayes, live from his house in Petaluma. Charlie Parr...live from someone else's backyard (is it because he doesn't have a computer/internet...or because he doesn't want to clean his place up?). Mary Lou Lord has been doing Facebook live popup practices, but she isn't ready to show her face (she deletes them afterwards...which is sad). Waiting in line for Saturday Dane County Farmers' Market pickup...I also got delicious veggies from farmers directly. 
I ordered a pink carnation vinyl copy of Pokey LaFarge's new album a month & a half ago...by the time they sent it out, the pink ones were gone & I got a boring black record. I needed a new jar of Drunk Elephant moisturizer & Sephora sent it along with a Nars birthday gift. My dying lilacs...less than 24 hours after they were picked. Is it just me, or did lilacs used to last longer? Another Sunday with Bret...& more Charlie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment