Thursday, May 7, 2020

49 + 1

 Dress: Mock Neck Tonal Zebra Knit Midi Dress by A by Addition Elle (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Moda Spana, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was a one & done...the fit was fine...it was all...fine. The fabric felt really thin & cheap. I liked the black & blue zebra pattern & the front slit. 
It was not what I would have worn for my 50th birthday had we not been in quarantine. I did consider dressing up as if I was having a fancy party...but just getting dressed is difficult enough these days...you know what I mean? So just the fact that I put make-up on & left the house was a celebration. 
 Oh! And I dyed my hair for my birthday...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss; Too Faced eyeshadow in Golden Nugget, Sin City, & #selfie; Spiderweb lipstick by UD; & Give Me Space nail polish from OPI. 
On Friday...I woke up to many missed calls from Kate...& this lovely sign in my front yard. Alas, I was not up at 7:30. All these photos are elephants from her trip to Thailand last year that she then hand lettered & colored. 
Jason took a video of her in the front yard singing Happy Birthday to me since I wasn't able to see it live! Thanks, Jason!
 Porch presents! from Kate & Angie. 
The girlie dropped off four bottles of wine (3 of them sparkling!)...she has the same four bottles so we can drink them together. Angie made me a Bakewell Tart (almond & jam) & a cocktail...Maple Manhattan, which we later sipped together while FaceTiming. 
David & I usually start the day out with oatmeal...he surprised me by making it special with caramel roasted pecans & cinnamon whipped cream...yum! He also made me a card & wrote me a sweet poem. Then we drove 45 minutes to Randolph, WI to Young Earth Farm to pick up spinach, salad mix, arugula, & bunches of radishes. There was a doggie! And a cat. We could have picked these things up the next day when they came to Madison...but times being what they are...a drive in the country was an exciting thing to do. We got back to Madison in time to scout out parks for picnic tables...it was entirely too windy on either lake...so we opted for not as pretty...but also not being blown away. We picked up our order from Dark Horse...fish fry for me...a hamburger & Cuban sandwich for Super Boo. This was one of the best fish fries I've ever had...the beer batter on the fish was not too thick & super crispy, the caper/garlic tartar sauce was delicious, & the cole slaw was full of veggies & crunch...but the fries! The fries stole the show...I think they were double or triple fried & had chunky flakes of smoked sea salt sprinkled on top. From now on...when I think of fries, I will think of these. 
After dinner we picked up two pieces of Basque Cake for the next day...then took outfit photos. Back at home...we video chatted with Angie & drank cocktails. Then I called Kate on Facebook & we talked, but did not drink wine because it was too late. Birthday tart! Then bed. It was a wonderful day spent with my love, but not the celebration I would have liked to have had. David & I were going to take a trip to Broadway to see all the plays...hopefully, next year. So I decided I was going to turn 49 + 1 this year & 50 +1 next year so I can celebrate my 0 ending birthday properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment