Friday, May 29, 2020

Hold On To Hope

 Dress: Floral Lavender Fit & Flare Dress by Eva Rose (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Eva Rose makes lovely warm weather dresses...& this lavender frock was all about spring. The fit & length were good, but it got easily wrinkled around my waist from sitting. Also, the fabric was super shiny & thin. It was still a fun dress to wear.
I'm incredibly excited that it's finally sandal season. But incredibly depressed that my knee hurts so much that I had to use my cane half way through taking these photos because just standing in place is too painful. 
All the jewelry here is being worn by me for the first time...the earring & necklace are from newly discovered artists on Etsy & the bracelet we found at the Nashville flea market last autumn. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo; UD eyeshadow in Asphyxia, Wildheart, Guilt Trip, & Big Sky; Mad lipstick by UD; & Samurai Breaks a Nail nail polish from OPI. 
A surprise delightful Davina singing live on my computer screen, a little vinyl garden art seen driving home, & a delicious dinner that David made from farmers' market goodness...including some amazing asparagus. I've been buying 3 pounds a week...their season is sadly so short. 
People! In person! People we like! People we like in person! I know you can all relate to how exciting that is in these times. David & Fred played peek-a-boo, which was...of course...adorable. After not seeing us for 2 months, he was a bit shy. We all socially distanced...with the exception of Val. Val surprised me by jumping up on my lap...my hat flew off...& it was pretty much one of the best things ever. At home...PBS was showing a Concert on the Square from two years ago. Kate & I attended this one because it was all Journey & Queen songs...we were there for Queen, but ended up loving the Journey part much more. The singer sounded quite a bit like Steve Perry...so I just watched that first half & marveled at how blissfully normal everything was back then. Also, since Kate & I sit very far away...I was not aware that all three back-up singers were wearing Fluevogs. 
High Noon also premiered a taped show from a few years ago of Seasaw. And Scott Bradlee did a late night online request show for an hour. Kate & I went to see Postmodern Jukebox a few years ago, but he wasn't on that tour & it seemed really cheap & gimmicky. But he was amazing playing live...someone would throw out a request of...play a mashup of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds & Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...in ragtime style. I was smiling the whole time he was playing. 
I have such a full live online music schedule...that I nearly missed this one...luckily Kate reminded me. Green Note, a music venue in London...has been doing a series called Virtually Green Note...in the round, featuring three artists taking turns playing songs. We were in it for The Lowest Pair...but the other two guys were awesome too. I love discovering new music. 
Another surprise Davina...giving us a tour of outside & inside her house. Charlie Parr (& some guy on harmonica that he called his brother), & Friday night regular, Sean Hayes. I spied this colorful hopeful message painted on the side of a building on my way to farmers' market pickup, Hold On To Hope. Yes, let us do that. First strawberries of spring from Young Earth Farm were a tasty treat. 

1 comment:

  1. “I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- lfdsloans@outlook.com.

    ReplyDelete