Sunday, May 17, 2020

Lake View Sanatorium

 Dress: Terrazzo Print Ilana Fit & Flare Dress by Leota (size 4L) via Gwynnie Bee 
Tights: We Love Colors in Navy
Shoes: Born
Necklace & Earring: The Embellishing Room
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I liked the pattern & colors of this dress, but I preferred this fabric in Leota's Sweetheart style that I wore 3 years ago. I'm not sure I've worn this cut of dress from Leota...I think I'd remember that deep scooped back. The fit was good, nothing bad to say...perhaps it was just a tad bit too conservative for me. 
There is a peachy color in this dress...but I decided to put some orange with it...mostly because I wanted to wear some new jewelry I hadn't worn before.
Real times...my bra strap is poking out. I read an article this week that answered the question...ever wonder why Kate Middleton's bra straps never show? Because she wears a strapless bodysuit. If it wasn't for taking these photos & seeing a few clients for teletherapy, I wouldn't be wearing a bra at all in quarantine times. How about you?
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue, MAC eyeshadow in Fireball, Mon Ennui Cosmetics eyeshadow in Lumiere & Year of the Dragon, Santa Sangre lipstick by Kat von D, NYX 507 lipstick, & Give Me Space nail polish from OPI.
Hi, Violet! She likes to come up behind my chair & if I ignore her, she will often climb on my shoulders.
Some jewelry from Etsy, including a necklace from a lady I've been following on Etsy for ~5 years, Colleen Toland...she's currently having a 20% off sale for the rest of the month...so I finally took the plunge. I loved it so much, I already bought more. 
We took these outfit photos at this old building by our house that is currently Dane County Department of Human Services, but it used to be Lake View Sanatorium. I had always thought this was a former insane asylum...but it was where people with tuberculosis used to live in the 30s-60s. We watched a beautiful sunset in the former veranda of the nurses dorm & read about the history. 
Eager to do something else out in the world...we drove through the Flight of Lights at the airport...because we were curious & also because several people on our neighborhood Next Door had raved about it...one woman said she had to drive through a second time because she was crying so much the first time. It did not have that effect on us...but we did enjoy the final display with the alien & spaceship. Later that night...I cut out some more fabric for face masks that Angie is making...I have a new template that Toby made & it is so much better than the cardboard one I kept cutting into. The next day, we dropped off the cut fabric & picked up masks & this delicious ramp cheese biscuit that Angie made...& I saw Val & Sadie in the backyard. Yes, this is what qualifies as big exciting stuff nowadays. 
Some live concerts online...Richard Hildner, Sean Hayes, & a new to me band, Gully Boys...on Mid West Music Fest...I tuned in for Charlie Parr, but had just missed him. 
It's the girlie!!! We met for some wine chat & drank twinning bottles of sparkling wine...
Drinking & toasting. I miss Kate SO much...I have not seen her in person since March.
After our chat...I joined David outside to go through the vast variety of outdoor items I have collected over the years to decide what to do with them...David's shop is coming along nicely & is nearly done.
David got me this Schwinn bike over a decade ago & I never felt safe on it (just on a bike in general)...so it will become a flower holder in the front yard. We got rid of a truck full of stuff. David wheeled me out in the wheelchair he got me because that is about what I'm up to these days with my painful knee. It was a gorgeous sunshiney day & it was fun to see things I hadn't laid eyes on since moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment