Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Oh, My Love! & Patrick Park

 Dress: Essential Wrap Dress in Snow Leopard from Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Leggings: Roamans
Cardigan: Avenue
Boots: Doc Martens
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Me & Kate (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to see a concert with Kate & then on another day to Tai Chi, work, & out to lunch with Super Boo. I liked the dress well enough, although it was slightly too short to wear without leggings...the fit was good, but too much white for me, which is a purely personal quirk. And I never understand why some wrap dresses have such long ties...I wrapped this around twice & it still hung lower than the hem of the dress. Overall, a nice flattering fit & true to size. Also, a good excuse to wear my leopard Docs. 
I used the leftovers from my birthday dinner party to make Super Boo & I brunch the next morning. Delicious. 
 Cute Kate with her Oscar purse. 
I loved the door handle to the music venue, The Frequency. I frequented this place when it was a gay bar, The Rainbow Room, back in the 90s.
Pretty label on this yummy hard cider Kate & I shared. 
The opening band & our reason for being here....Oh, My Love! We had heard the singer & drummer at farmers' market the previous day & thought they were fabulous. She has that kind of sweet girlie voice I like...they are a fun indie pop band. The drum was a bit overpowering for me, however. 
The main act was a guy I'd never heard of, Patrick Park. He'd been touring the country in a van by himself for several weeks & I'm not sure the poor guy had showered in all that time. He was a great folky artist & there was one song in particular that has stuck in my head, My Holding Hand Is Empty...
I'm really glad we came across Oh, My Love! on the streets. This was a wonderful live music evening with the girlie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment