Monday, June 23, 2014

Little Black Dress

 Dress: Scoop Neck A-Line Dress from Karen Kane via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Shoes: Fidji 
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit out to see a band with the girlie. This is the tightest dress I've ever worn out in public. I don't own any shapewear, but I might have worn some with this dress. Karen Kane only goes up to 3x, so this is a size smaller than I need. This dress was comfortable & the scoop neck was a nice change from plunging v-necks on a little black dress. It was so plain, like a blank canvas...you could wear this all the time with different accessories & no one would notice. In fact, I'll be wearing it a different way in my next post. 
Kate looking adorable, like she does...
After going to The Reptile Palace Orchestra's 20th Anniversary Show...I had to look up what Anna Purnell was doing musically...because she is what we really enjoyed most about RPO. She has a wonderful presence & energy...& terrific fashion sense. Turns out one of the things she's doing is singing in The Velvet Smash. They are a "lounge-a-licious band...who embrace sybaritic 60s classics, but fearlessly lounge-ify a wild mix of other tunes as well." They did a Tom Waits song this particular evening. Accordion! Upright Bass! Theremin! All my favorite instruments in one band. Awesome. And front row seats. 
This couple was the cherry on top. Other people danced...but there was something about these 2...
A close-up of the shoes Kate got me. There was a wedding party in the back room of where we were seeing the band, The Brink Lounge, & I overheard one of the guests tell her friend she loved my shoes. I love them too.
Jewels. I hadn't worn that green necklace since the early 90s...I love digging out old stuff & taking it out on the town...

No comments:

Post a Comment