Friday, June 2, 2023

Thrifting // Hush the Waves // Black Opry

Dress: Capitola Dress in Martini Print by Effie's Heart (size L) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Minis: Lily Darling 
Earrings & Necklace: Vintage Sobral
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Effie's Heart dresses are always winners for me...cute, comfy, & fun. I'm not a huge fan of the fake buttons down the front dresses...but that just means I don't need to buy this dress & it's a perfect rental. Also, because of the martini glass print, I didn't feel this was work appropriate. The fit & length were ideal, although if GB had carried a medium, I would have gone with that. These cotton stretch dresses are very forgiving in a size up or down...I barely notice a difference. 
This was back in the beginning of May & I was still swollen from surgery. 
These Fluevogs are showing their age...I bought them this way & this was my first wearing of them. I've got a deep red shoe polish on the way & I'll post before & afters. 
This 60s retro print wanted some different jewelry from my usual...Sobral to the rescue. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, Monroe eyeshadow by Natasha Denona, Huda Ruby Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Burgundy lipliner from MAC, MAC lipstick in Dubonnet Amplified, & OPI nail polish in I'm Not Really a Waitress. 
Many Vinny's & Goodwill dressing room photos...I think in the future I'll limited these.
I was thrilled to find this Porridge dress from Anthropologie at Vinny's that I wore back in December 2021
I wish I liked these Effie's Heart dresses with the mesh up top...but they just don't work for me. 
So many dresses...
Never enough leopard...
Just because it fits, doesn't mean I need to buy it...right?!
Diane von Furstenberg dress...around $600 new. 
Dresses & skirts...
This was the second or third farmers' market...but my first...& I got to share it with Kate. 
I first wore this dress to do a lot of thrifting...& to see a play with David. This was another World Premiere Wisconsin selection & it was written by a Madison playwright. Wonderful story. 
Afterwards...we headed over to Alchemy to grab a burger. 
Sexy red shoes...Fluevog, Body Parts: Pump. I'd been looking for these in black & gold...but since I had just found the boots in black...I think red is the better choice. Great big salad from market ingredients. Our subscription box from Burlap & Barrel. And...big surprise...more thrift store adventures. 
Beauty supply purchases...& the shoes I ordered for David from Amsterdam...the last pair in his size (13) available anywhere. Petra was lovely to work with & I was astonished at how fast these arrived. 
Aren't they pretty? Look at all these separates...
A few dresses too...
I was especially fond of the colorful striped sweater & the metallic asymmetrical skirt. 
I also loved this multi fabric cotton/linen skirt. 
I don't remember why I didn't get the pants. 
This was at Vinny's on Willy St.
Gold velvet dress...chartreuse velvet duvet. 
I'm not sure why this average top was $200 new?!
I also wore this dress to my first Shitty Barn show of the season...with my girlie. Gorgeous weather. 
I made us oil poached salmon, roasted asparagus, & a chop salad with an Asian dressing over all of it. Yum...I don't love the food Wander Provisions makes, but these buttery chocolate chip cookies are amazing. 
Girlies!

Black Opry...I saw them at Stoughton Opera House last year & I'd definitely see them anytime they play in the area. There are ~100 artists in the collective, so it's always different. 

Fire in the sunset. It was a lovely evening with magnificent company.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment