Sunday, June 11, 2023

1st Elkhorn 2023 // May NA Rosé Bubblay Partay

Dress: Flutter Sleeve Wrap Maxi Dress by Farm Rio (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earring: former Etsy shop
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This dress came to me incredibly wrinkled (& worn looking)...after much steaming...a cute summer wrap was revealed. I had to pin the neckline, otherwise it was a mess up top...it was a tight fit on me at the bust. Also, it didn't want to stay tied for long & as a true wrap dress...that was a problem. All that being said...it was an adorable beach vibe frock...light, flowy, & comfortable. The rusts & oranges looked great with my hair.
I'm not a fan of seeing the back of fabric in high-low dresses...or when ruffles ripple...but it's not too bad here & I prefer it to having this dress lined. 
I'm in LOVE with my new frames...I don't usually wear glasses in these outfit photos because it hides my eye make-up. 
I just adore Born sandals with flowers on them for summer...in flats & heels...they're on my feet most days in the warmer months. 
I need more orange earrings...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon; Laura Mercier lipliner (used as eyeliner) in Red Chocolate; Blaze, Accelerate, & Radio eyeshadow from UD; Chicory lipliner by MAC; KVD lipstick in Gothica; & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
I first wore this dress to attend the opening Elkhorn of the season with David. Here are some things that caught my eye that didn't come home with us...
More items that stayed there...
Our first find of the day...metal grape table & chairs for our front porch (to be painted, of course). A rusty planter, an elephant table, & cast iron corbels from New Orleans...all for outside. 
This booth always has gorgeous designer vintage jewelry...these are the 2 that called to me most strongly. Just about to leave for the day...& I saw this cutie...I thought there was no way David would be into her for our bathroom...but he was! Lunch at Los Tres Hermanos...we got our favorite waiter. 
A mango margarita bigger than my head...to share. 
So much tasty food. I'm going to touch up this mermaid & add gold rub 'n buff to her scales to bring them out more. 
Silverware, 2 tablecloths for picnicking (curtains actually), a book for David's dad, my elephant, & rusty planter. I have wanted one of those elephants for decades...Brian has an all brown one that I coveted forever...but this is the best one I've ever seen. I think we paid $30?! 
The table & chairs awaiting their new colors. Gorgeous jewels, including a necklace from my favorite designer, Miriam Haskell. We bought this metal chest of drawers for David's shop...but I had the idea that it might make a good rolling island for the kitchen...& spice storage. 
After a quick unpacking of our treasures...I dashed off to Kate's place for her May NA Rosé Bubblay Partay. She also let me try some of her fancy sparkling water...this was my favorite, Lime Cardamom...I'd buy some if any stores around here sold it, but it's too expensive to have it shipped. 
Another gorgeous day to lounge outside with friends. 
The first NA bubbly was my favorite, Joyus...followed by Kally & Prima Pavé. And as you can see by my in-depth ratings of blah, yuck, & nope...there were a few I didn't care for. This was a fun tasting...I'm really into tasting things & comparing them. We could do one for sparkling water, we've already done bitters...but that could be repeated...what else? 
I donned this dress a second time to get a pedicure from my facial person. 
Following that...I tried on clothes at Goodwill (I am cutting down drastically the photos I share of that)...this cropped velvet hoodie that I thought was silly...but perhaps I should have gotten for taking walks? I also had a lymphatic massage with Courtney & ran some other errands. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment