Monday, June 5, 2023

Midwest Vintage Flea // Iris Dement

Dress: Vintage 60s Sailor Collar Drop Waist Mushroom Print Dress by Miami Dress 
All Jewelry & Purse: Vintage
Sandals: Klub Nico via Anthropologie 
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Mushroom dress! I collect them...found on Poshmark. This was a bit loose on me when I bought it (as it's meant to be), but I was still swollen from surgery in these photos. Good fit & length...no stretch. Great shape...no flaws. 
Even after having over 15 pounds removed from my thighs...you can see I still have an abnormal fat distribution above my knees (this is what my surgeon called it)...hopefully round 2 will further address this as I'd like to be able to wear short dresses without covering my legs...I mean, obviously I still do anyway...I'd just prefer it looked better. 
I found these Anthropologie sandals on Poshmark...I adore the multicolored heels & butterfly cutouts. I bought them intending on painting/dyeing the tan bit...but I think I'll leave them as I can tell they'll go with many outfits. 
I completely forgot to wear earrings...I had a pair picked out...vintage brown & cream striped round clip-ons. 
I wore this dress to shop Midwest Vintage Flea with David...I tried not to be too sad about all the fabulousness I had to leave behind because it was too tiny. I brought along my trustee tape measure so I only tried things on that would most likely fit. 
After a few hours...we had to take a break. We went to Woodman's to stock up on sparkling water & dried chilies...then to Sal's in Sun Prairie for lunch. The incredibly kind owner, Patrick, sent over this whipped ricotta sourdough...which we had never tried before...yum! David & I ordered cocktails from Jack (the drink creator)...they are fabulous & he always has a story behind them. David had a Poblano Blackberry Marg (Lunazul Reposado tequila, Fruitful blackberry liqueur, Ancho Reyes chili liqueur, lime, Tajin rim) & I tried a Sugar, We're Goin Down(JK Williams grapefruit gin, Tattersall amaro, rosemary honey, lemon).I ordered the Silvio Sandwich (they have a different lunch menu, so I wasn't able to have my typical favorites)...which is everything you want in an Italian sub x 4...check out that mile high meat. And David had to have a pizza (Fat Uncle Tony). The chef, Brian, brought our pizza out & it was lovely to be able to tell him how happy we always are with the food (we had a few less than stellar experiences at Livingston lately). Back to the clothes...so many colors & patterns. After finishing up at the flea...I had to vroom off to Stoughton to see the final show of the season...Iris Dement with Ana Egge opening. I just love her voice & apparently so do a lot of people...it was a sold out show & I ended up in the 3rd row, off to the side...I'm nearly always in the front row center, occasionally the second...especially in the shows I go to alone. Liz on standup bass...she plays with Charlie Parr & at least one other band that I've seen here. This was a fantastic night of music. All the pretties I found at Midwest Vintage Flea...the green with pink paisley is a jumpsuit. These 2 I bought from Courtney, my lymphatic massage person, vintage 60s/70s is her other gig.I've gotta wear this green/yellow dress this summer. Things get lost in my closet as it's still full of too big clothing I can't wear. I've been putting it up on Poshmark...but I wish I could sell in bulk to people that share my style. These will be better suited for autumn...This 50s black & white frock is the only one I'm questioning...that was more my style in high school...but I'll make it work...& I've got the perfect pair of Fluevogs to wear with it. I do have certain color preferences...I came home with this 90s velvet dress because David liked how it looked on me. And look...we found a groovy shirt for him! These 3 amber colored necklaces were all from the same vendor...I couldn't decide which one I liked the best. And I adored this yellow set so much, I immediately replaced the jewelry I'd been wearing. It was an extremely successful market & I look forward to the fall show. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment