Thursday, May 4, 2023

Escape From Happiness // Thrifting

Dress: Pumpkin Orange Vintage Velvet Dress, thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Go Groovy: Waymouth
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili 
Bracelets & Purse: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I found this fabulous pumpkin velvet dress at Vinny's in Waunakee...all labels had been cut out of it, but I think it's vintage. It was short & tight...but I felt totally sexy in it. I adored the ruching & obviously, the color & velvet is always a favorite. I'm not really into shirt dresses...but I liked this one...although I did have to pin the buttons closed as they kept popping open.
Boobs & Butt. 
I believe this was my first time wearing these Waymouth's...or have I worn them one other time?!
Orange is such a great color on me...I loved that I had this necklace with the same pop of chartreuse that was in the shoes. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch & Lucky, Sugarpill Cosmetics eyeshadow in Pumpkin Spice, Electric Warrior eyeshadow by KVD, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Nectar & Teacher's Pet, & OPI nail polish in DS Luxurious. 
I wore this ensemble to have quick cocktails at Heritage with David...a Doc's Orders for me (Death's Door gin, Saler's gentian, carrot tarragon syrup, lemon tonic water, celery bitters, dukkah carrot rim) & for David, I ordered (he was parking the car) a Basil Accords (basil infused Puntagave Bacanora, lemon juice, agave nectar, Jamaican #2 bitters). We downed our drinks & dashed next door to Bartell Theatre...
to see...Escape From Happiness...hilarious dysfunctional family play & a lovely evening. 
Both my shoes & tights are sparkly. The next day...trying on some dresses at Goodwill before my lymphatic massage with Courtney. 
Then afterwards...I headed over to Vinny's on Odana because they were having a trunk sale...which means they put higher end stuff out. Although $30+ for a dress someone donated seems a bit steep. 
Because of the outrageous prices...I had to limit myself...although I tried on ~40 things. 
Oh, how I wanted both of these jackets...but they were a size 0 & 2, so...it just wasn't happening. I'm not exactly sure why I thought I needed this Leota dress...I guess because it was green & the tags were still on it? It will be a good work dress. I have such a large wardrobe of thrifted items now...I should probably quit Gwynnie Bee. However, as long as they continue to get Leota & Effie's Heart dresses...at my grandfathered in $36/month...it seems silly not to just stay. After shopping...I headed over to UW to drop a pair of Lafont frames off for them to put my prescription in...they BROKE my favorite pair & spoiler alert...they ended up breaking these too. A brown polka dot dress from Goodwill...& 4 dresses from Vinny's...including 2 from Anthropologie. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment