Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Andrew Bird

Dress: Brown Leopard Sweater Dress by Nina Leonard (size M), thrifted
Shoes: Bandolino, thrifted
Purse: Vintage Coach
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I thrifted this brown leopard sweater dress...trying to get a wear in while it's still in season (I'm typically a month behind blogging, so this was the beginning of April). Great fit & length...I wouldn't change a thing. 
I believe this was my first wearing of these thrifted heels that were such a fabulous complement to the dress. 
Pulling out some metal jewelry that often gets ignored...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon; Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Thorn, Amhara, & Shine; Chicory lipliner by MAC; Gothica lipstick from KVD; & OPI nail polish in Shim-Merry Chic. 
I wore this outfit to see Andrew Bird at The Sylvee. 
Selfies with the wall of cassettes. The opening act was Andrew Bird's drummer, Ted Poor. If you know me at all...you know this was my nightmare. Nothing gets me more excited than when I see a stage set up with NO drum set...so imagine how distressed I was when it was the only instrument being played. Ugh. 
I've been an Andrew Bird fan for decades, but this was my first time seeing him live. He was brilliant...totally worth suffering through drums. 
He mostly played violin, which I preferred...but he was just as amazing on guitar. Wonderful show. 
The next day...running errands...I take a picture of the screen every time Veronica comes on while I'm driving Veronika. Stalzy's for rye bread...then Meat People Butcher for Kielbasa, which they didn't have despite it saying they did in their newsletter, however...they did have a muffuletta for lunch. For dinner, I made 2 recipes from Deb Perelman/Smitten Kitchen: The Big Green Little Gem Salad, served with Cabbage & Kielbasa with Rye Croutons. The salad was alright, but that cabbage dish was outstandingly delicious. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment