Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Purple Velvet Fluted Dress

Dress: Purple Velvet Fluted Dress by Torrid (size 5x)
Shoes: Old Navy, thrifted
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
2 Purple Necklaces: Green Goddess Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
All dressed up & nowhere to go...velvet version. I'm really only getting dressed to get my pictures taken...it keeps me sane with this bit of normality. So, why not pull out some fancy dresses as if I had plans...remember those?! Place to go...sigh. Also, how elegant does purple velvet fluted dress sound??
This dress was a bit big on top, so it didn't lay as nicely as it should have...I adored the trapeze flare on the bottom though...as well as the cutout in back. Torrid is calling this dress purple...it definitely skewed a pinky purple to me. This was my first time wearing these rose gold glitter flats I picked up at Savers. 
This was also my first time wearing this set of merlot necklaces...with one hanging down the back...had I been actually wearing this outfit out...I would have secured that one so it stayed in place better. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, Pat McGrath eyeshadow in Gold Standard & Electron, Locket & Keepsake liquid lip color by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Queen of West Web-erly. 
My final sewing step...hand sewing the rings on the back of the blinds. Farmers' market beef roast with a mushroom & shallot sauce & roasted sweet potatoes...& a lovely pairing of wine from Kate's cellar. 
New to me, DJ/VJ Ant, on Twitch...& a rather sad version of my usually beloved Planet Earth. Glenn Crytzer & his boys playing the songs of 1931. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment