Sunday, January 17, 2021

2020 Certificate of Achievement

Dress: Rose Scarf Maxi by City Chic (size XXL/26)
Shoes: Worthington, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I always think of maxis as summer clothing...but this one had longer sleeves...so I thought, winter dress it is...although it's certainly light enough to be worn year round...ideally, in spring or autumn. The fit & length were good, but it was a bit big all over. There was a tie at the waistband with tassels on the ends, but it didn't draw it in as much as I'd like. The fabric had no stretch & there were pretty brass faux vintage buttons all up the front which paired well with the boho look of the scarf patterned dress. 
I picked these shoes up at Savers years ago for a few dollars & I believe this is my first time wearing them...they appear to be vintage 80s shoes, but I'm not an expert. 
I've had one haircut in the last year...& now I'm regretting it. I am obsessing lately about growing my hair out...but on one side or both? Lately, I am leaning towards both which is why I regret getting several inches chopped off. Perhaps when it is safe to go places again, I'll get extensions to see how I feel about me & long hair. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in 1999, Dreamer & Rose Gold eyeshadow by Anastasia, Bite Beauty lipstick in Spiced Plum, & Queen of West Web-erly nail polish from OPI. 
After we took pictures...I came home & video chatted with Kate...it was *almost* like I got dressed up & had somewhere to go. Charlie Parr, continuing his January residency at First Avenue. 
On Tuesdays...we eat salmon. With fried garlic, dill, & Meyer lemons...& a side of cauliflower. Look at what my sweet girlie made me...a certificate of achievement for completing 2020. We all deserve that. Something similar was supposed to come with our Them Coulee Boys vinyl, but they forgot. Getting this from Kate made me ridiculously happy. And...I leave you with my Fluevog unicorns...Half Truth Tanyas in both green & purple rub off in a size 10, as they run a bit narrow. I didn't get them when they were available because I thought I'd fall in those tiny heels, but now I'm just sad they are not living in my closet for me to admire. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment