Sunday, January 24, 2021

Olive & Orange

Dress: Contrast Stitching Olive Dress by Hutch (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Isaac Mizrahi Live! (size 3x) via eBay
Tights: We Love Colors 
Shoes: Yoki via eBay 
Earring & Bracelet: Vintage
Necklace: Vintage Heidi Daus via eBay
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I love olive...a lot...it's my favorite shade of green & the only reason I took a chance on this plain dress from GB. I was also unsure about all those pleats...I know they have a name? Inverted box pleats?? Because if the dress had been too tight on me, they would not have laid correctly...but it was perfect. Fantastic amount of twirl, pockets, & a great fit.
This was the windiest & coldest day I've experienced in a long time...it was brutal. But this orange & green color combo made me smile...these are my two favorite colors...why don't I wear them together more often?!
This was my first time wearing this cardigan, earring, & necklace...perhaps even the bracelet? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, Nars eyeshadow palette in Mediteranee, Pumpkin lipliner by NYX, Apricot lipstick from Bite Beauty, MAC Retro Matte liquid lipcolour in Coral Plated, & Red Hot Holiday nail polish by OPI. 
I love working in this room with all the windows...watching it snow. Roman blinds...I think I've figured them out. We are going to change the bottoms to the one pictured because the tassels we bought look better spaced out more...they are too crowded on our current design.
Dan Rodriguez playing from a beach house in Florida loaned to him by a friend. An online order picked up at Joann's...they have that down...so easy. I wanted a red tomato pin cushion though...there are no blue tomatoes! I've been getting us 5 pounds of spinach a week from farmers' market because overwintered spinach is delicious...but we (me) are getting tired of it the same few ways...so I suggested to David that he make us a spinach, shiitake, shallot, cheddar omelet...& it was delightful! He cooked the ingredients down to get all the water out & infused so much flavor...perfectly seasoned with Sunny Paris Seasoning from Penzeys...simple, but tasty. 
Wednesday was the highlight of last week for me...I started crying when Lady Gaga began singing The National Anthem...continuing for the next hour & on & off the rest of the day. So much emotion. I would have preferred a Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren presidency...but I'm putting a lot of hope into Joe & Kamala. I'm not sure I've ever watched an inauguration before...certainly not as much of it as I did this year...but I wanted to see our first female VP sworn in. 
The star of the day, Amanda Gorman & her poem, The Hill We Climb. 

The Resonant Rouges playing live on Facebook...banjo & accordion...while I enjoy a glass of wine. 
David traded in the jewelry he got me for our anniversary that I already had...for this lovely set in peach, pink, & green. Our pickup from the Co-op this week included...salmon & kale...I can't get enough crispy kale chips lately. And Seasaw playing in a blinged out basement...those girls are always so sparkly. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment