Sunday, January 31, 2021

Dogs & Cats

Dress: Mix Print Wrap Maxi Dress with Fluted Sleeves by ASOS Curve (size 26 US)
Boots: Doc Martens
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I bought this dress a few years ago & finally broke it out...built in pattern mixing. I've gotta say...I'd rather do it myself, but this was a fun combo. There was no stretch to this true wrap dress...the fit was fine...but I prefer wraps to be a stretch fabric for a better fit...this was a bit boxy. The flared sleeves & back cut-out added a bit of drama. 
This was my first time wearing these orange Docs I got last year...it had snowed, so I wanted to be sure I could tromp through it if need be. 
This pattern placement made me feel like I was wearing an apron...or an artist's smock. 
This was my first time wearing this bright happy necklace. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch, UD eyeshadow in Dirty Talk & Ounce, NYX lipliner in Orange County, Dozen Carnations lipstick by MAC, Pumpkin lipstick by Kat von D, & OPI nail polish in It's a Piazza Cake & Midnight in Moscow. 
After photos...we dropped off a 6 pack of wine to the girlie from her cellar in our basement. While we were out...we also picked up some furry leopard shoes I found on Marketplace. Years & years ago...I bought a bunch of nail stamping plates...& immediately did nothing with them. I thought it would be fun to try them out with a leopard print design on my nails...it was cute...but can you believe that I've got hundreds of bottles of polish & no black?! 
Mr. Charlie Parr playing another fabulous live set from First Avenue. Matt DJ-ing Retrodustrial from the 90s. Ms. Bette Smith playing live for Paste Magazine...she is marvelous...what a voice. Amanda Palmer chatting from New Zealand. Michael Waite playing live from the U.P. Steve Earle playing for Paste Magazine...songs from his new album of covers of his son's tunes...& he played the song he wrote for his son...heartbreaking. DJ ellafine playing darkwave/synthpop.David & I have been unpacking more boxes in the basement & we came across these doggy Christmas sweaters Angie helped me make for Oscar & Olive for doggy daycare ugly sweater day...we tried them on Rye & Violet, then threw them away...because they don't really fit right & dogs hated them...but, adorable. David went out for our weekly co-op pickup last week...& the car was driving rough...so off to our mechanic it went...luckily, it was an easy fix. We planned on getting a new car last year, but then...last year happened & we didn't go anywhere, so it seemed pointless. BUT...this year will be different, right?! The Infamous Stringdusters playing online. A few bands live from Caffe Lena...Stretching the Truth & Mark Emanatian Duo. And another fantastic trio on Green Note...I was especially enamored of Bandini, an Italian artist out of London who plays Gypsy Pop/Jazz-ish music. And...then there's this gem that popped up on my TimeHop this week...not sure how old I was when I made this, but my drawing has not improved...or my opinion on cats. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment