Sunday, November 6, 2016

Red & Black Pattern Mixing

 Dress: Red Dress in Double Circles by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Andiamo, thrifted
Purse: gift from Kate
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This twirly dress was amazing...I found it on Amazon for only $40, so I immediately bought it after having it from GB (they wanted much more). Some of the sizes on Amazon were only $20! The prices there seem to change daily. The fit & flare twirliness coupled with the pleats in a contrasting print = in love. I was thrilled to pair it with this fabulous leopard cardigan I found at Savers that I hadn't yet worn...add the pretty purse Kate gifted me & I'm in two-tone pattern mixing heaven. 
I wore this dress to work on one day & to work & a food talk on another.
My favorite time of year...I adore the shades of red in the leaves on the vines that are taking over this decaying building. 
CHEW (Culinary History Enthusiasts of Wisconsin) had an author of a book about the history of soul food restaurants for their October speaker. Members made food out of the book & the author gave a talk. The food was good...the writer was boring. So boring. At one point I texted Angie (sitting next to me)...why is this guy so boring?! It's a shame, because it sounds like he met a lot of fascinating people while researching the book...but we didn't get any of their stories...instead he would show us his power point & say...oh, that guy was a character, that woman saw a lot...what?? Tell us! So, authors are not always good speakers. 
Food! Potato salad, peach cobbler, black-eyed pea hummus, & sweet potato pudding. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Sephora eyeliner in Brown, Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Too Faced eyeshadow in Jackpot & Golden Nugget, Mon Ennui Cosmetics eyeshadow in Year of the Dragon, Nars lipstick in Cruella, Gash lipstick by UD, & An Affair in Red Square nail polish by OPI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment