Friday, November 4, 2016

Flowers on the Vine

 Dress: Flowers on the Vine Dress by Julian Taylor (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Isaac Mizrahi Live!, thrifted
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I'm so used to dresses being too short on me (teggings to the rescue!)...that I look at this dress & think, wow! that dress is so long it makes me look short. Perhaps I should have skipped the teggings with this one? I have a weird thing to admit to you all...I usually don't know what my outfit looks like until I see these photos. I have a full length mirror...but I rarely use it. I'm not a planner...I throw on a dress (GB has made that decision for me, I LOVE that) & in the shower I think about what I could pair with it...then I ask David his opinion on which shoe...this one or that one? Or necklace...& we're out the door. 
I wasn't always that way...I remember back in high school I used to spend several hours each Sunday planning my outfits for the week...trying them on...deciding which accessories...& writing it all down in a notebook. I wore a lot of vintage thrift store dresses back then & it made me joyful to use these beautiful things to express my personality & develop my style. Not everyone appreciated it (ok, there were only 3 or 4 people who maybe liked it)...& I got called Rainbow Brite. It didn't take away my joy of getting dressed.
So, what about this dress? It was a well fitting scuba with lovely colors...I felt like I was wearing a Monet flower painting. I especially liked that banding effect & that it was long enough not to have to wear teggings. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Kat von D eyeshadow in Legend, Misfit, & Hyperballad; Aubergine lipstick by Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in My Gecko Does Tricks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment