Wednesday, October 5, 2016

One More Time With Feeling

 Dress: Sugar & Spice Dress by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Fishnets: Leg Avenue thigh highs
Shoes: Bruno Magli, thrifted
Jewelry: Vintage
Purse: Vintage 80s
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this super fun 80s inspired print dress to spend an evening with my girlie. It's not quite neon, but it *is* bright...& just reminded me of the 80s...so I broke out my (working) telephone purse I bought in 1989 (I could call you on it...if only I could find a phone outlet). I also dug out some fishnets to go with the netting on top. The fit on this dress was great & as plunging as the surplice neckline was...it stayed put. I wore a black lace bra underneath as I avoid strapless bras if I am able, plus the one I have is not as low as this called for...I thought the showing bra just added to the 80s vibe. 
 I loved wearing this delightfully cheerful dress...
 It inspired me to try a new pose...
Sushi (& seaweed salad) with Kate! The light from outside fell unflatteringly on me...but the sushi was delicious. 
After dinner we wandered around the outdoor mall in search of chocolate & Kate got some cute fox kitchen things at Sur le Table. Then to Sundance to see the Nick Cave documentary, One More Time With Feeling. It was supposed to be a one night only event in select theaters, but then it sold out & they added more dates...but we had to see it right away. It was amazingly heartbreakingly moving...dealing with the death of his son & the making of the new album, Skeleton Tree. The audience sat quietly until the credits were over & the lights went up.
Amanda Palmer, another favorite artist of mine, wrote a piece about her feelings on it for The Guardian. 
Shoes...I just discovered while writing this post that these Bruno Magli shoes I got for $4 at Savers were over $400 new. I love the patent leather with the textured fabric toe box & square heels. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Kat von D Tattoo eyeliner in Trooper, Urban Decay 24/7 liquid eyeliner in Woodstock, UD Stargazer eyeshadow, Crush lipstick by UD, & J'Adore My Mani nail polish by Morgan Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment