Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

 Dress: Fit & Flare Sweater Dress with Contrasting Hem by Taylor Dresses (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free {or $10} & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Skirt: Lane Bryant
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Ariat
Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this mini dress to do secret errands & see Sweeney Todd with Kate, then again the next day for work. I originally ran out of the house with just this dress on...but I noticed in Michaels bathroom that if I lifted my arms at all...my belly popped out from under the hem. It was really short on me at 5'7". So black skirt to the rescue. The mismatched animal & chevron prints on this dress were divine, as were the creme & black together...so much softer on the eye than white. The sleeves & bottom half of this dress seemed stretched out, as both were ill-fitting & I could have used another 5 inches in length. This is just above the knee on the GB model, so I am not sure what happened. 
The art gallery space leading up to the Capitol Theatre had the most fantastic pieces by Amy Bethel . Stunning. I wish I had heard about it sooner so we could have attended the opening reception & met the artist. 
 More steampunk fabulousness. 
The gorgeous Capitol Theatre inside the Overture Center. I got Kate & I 3rd row tickets to see the opera for her birthday. 
Precious girlie! Or should I say...poor girlie! I wanted to surprise her, but she would have preferred I told her where we were going. 
 Sweeney Todd photos from The Isthmus review. 
The singing was marvelous, but I particularly enjoyed baritone Corey Crider as the demon barber...he was extraordinary. 
This is my favorite earring from the new batch of earrings that Teri made for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment