Saturday, January 3, 2015

Girlie NYE Dress Shopping

I wore this dress from Igigi that I bought from Gwynnie Bee to go NYE dress shopping with the girlie. I last wore it the final week of March. This was at the end of a long day & Super Boo was in California with his family...so no good pictures outside. On to the girlie dress shopping...
Kate made me dinner! Salmon, broccoli, & Syrah. Then we traipsed off to Macy's to find her a pretty NYE frock. Side tracked by Anthropologie! I tried on the only thing there that fit me...a gorgeous teal fake fur collar. I felt like an elegant peacock. My favorite dress of the evening...this bronze matte sequin dress...it was to die for...but the girlie needed a size 10, which they didn't have in stock. So sad. 
Kate bought 2 of the items in this photo...which 2?
This. This is the reason I like to go shopping with Kate. She will try on anything I give to her...my own personal dress-up doll. Check out those awesome baggy 80s plaid pants! 
Luckily, Macy's was open until midnight...more dresses to try on! 
After putting on & taking off another 50 dresses, Kate left with one more...the first pictured above...blue lace sparkly...stunning. I couldn't walk out of Macy's without playing at the MAC counter...so I took home some pretty copper lipstick & matching eye shadow. Girlie shopping was fun...I'm so lucky to have a girlie! Well, not just any girlie...my girlie. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope she bought the blue/green floral sleeveless in the quartet of pictures -- she looks fabulous in it. (And since I've never commented: I like your site! My husband's family is from WI so I enjoy the local color as well as the fashion.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marjorie! Thanks for your comment. She did buy that dress & it's the one she wore for NYE...so there will be photos of that in about 2 weeks :)

      Delete
    2. Yay! Looking forward. And that igigi dress looks fab on you. I find that their stuff fits oddly and unpredictably on me. :(

      Delete
  2. Me too! But I loved the first one, it was so very Va Va Voom! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Michelle...I so wish they had had it in her size.

      Delete