Monday, January 5, 2015

Crafty Day + Flying to California

It was Angie's Birthday on December 21st, so she hosted a crafternoon. I made some yummy doggy treats, started a vintage ornament wreath, helped decorate their Christmas tree, & ate delicious pizza. I wore clothes(black velvet below the knee a-line dress)...but no photos were taken other than me with the apron on above. 

We feed our dogs grain free food & I occasionally make them stinky (fishy) treats, but since they were both going to different homes while I was away in California, I thought it would be nice to send them with some non-stinky dog biscuits. Dogs love peanut butter...they are a hit! I used this simple recipe.

Peanut Butter Dog Treats
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup coconut flour
4 eggs

Mix all together. Roll out & cut shapes with a cookie cutter (or roll them into 1-inch balls, which is what I did the first time I made them). Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator or make a lot & freeze some. Yum! Molly enjoyed licking the bowl. 
Angie has "an embarrassing number of old glass ornaments" that she offered to share with anyone wanting to make a wreath...so I did...or at least started to. Angie has a completed one that is beautiful...it is the barely visible blue balled one in the background. This project takes an astounding amount of hot glue...I was not prepared as I only brought about 2 dozen sticks with me. 

The next morning...I was flying to California to be with Super Boo & his family for Christmas. Milwaukee to Las Vegas to Sacramento.

No comments:

Post a Comment