Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Deadly Poppy Fields

 Dress: Knot Front Dress in Poppy Print by Lucie Lu via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Vintage
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to farmers' market & to attend an outdoor concert & on another day to work. I love the shape of this dress...the gathering at the bust, the sweetheart neckline...I liked it so much, I bought it. GB was having an awesome sale & I snagged this dress for $15! I can't believe I own something with so much white in it, but I am a huge fan of poppies (& puppies). Like all Lucie Lu dresses, it runs a size small. 
After farmers' market, I had to go home & change because Kate & I were taking an implosion glass pendant class & she told me I should be wearing cotton. We had taken a blown glass ornament class previously & now I think I can safely say...I hate doing things that involve melting glass. I feel awkward & have no control over the outcome. I don't feel like I can express myself creatively while learning this craft. Our pendants had to stay overnight in the kiln & I haven't picked them up yet. Kate was much better at it than I was. I'll post photos once we get them back. 
At night, we went to the Union Terrace to listen to Whitney Mann. She was adorable & had a great voice, but perhaps a bit too country leaning for me. 
I am in love with the chairs at The Union & I liked how the stage lights were shining through this one...


No comments:

Post a Comment