Tuesday, September 19, 2023

NA Sparkling with Kate // Ben Sidran's 80th Birthday Celebration

Dress: Folklore Floral Brittany Fit & Flare Dress by Leota (size M) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Sandals: Born via Poshmark
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This is a happy dress & I'm quitting GB after a decade...so I bought it with the points I had. Leota is always a solid work dress, but this fun print can be worn everywhere. It has a long attached belt that can be wrapped around a few times...great fit & length. 
I wore this to work with teggings, but everywhere else I went bare legged. 
Fantastic sandal find on Poshmark...
Multi-colored jewelry...
I first wore this dress to Kate's for an NA sparkling tasting...
We drank refreshing beverages...& Kate gave us a fashion show of her variety of swimwear for her upcoming vacation. All adorable. 
My favorite...black & white stripy combination...
And more stripes! Afterwards...I headed over to the nearby Goodwill on 50% off tag day. 
2 of the 4 items I brought home were 1/2 off...
On another day...I think this was Vinny's on Willy St.
But...I guess I never took pictures of anything I got...I know there must have been a few things. And yet another day at Vinny's...
I believe this was also Willy St...I washed that peach lace cami & the crocheted part shrunk & is now shorter than the lining. 
Why didn't I get this first skirt?! It must have been too big. 
Pretty fresh flowers from Sunday market...& an all market dinner...
The final time I wore this dress was to get a facial at Aniu...where I ogled the OPI polishes...our local beauty supply only carries them online now, so I never get to see them in person. 
Ahhhh...facial time. I really lucked out getting this appointment with Sara...she must have had a cancellation, because otherwise I have to plan several months ahead to schedule. I was reading an article about North Street Cabaret & I like the Nietzsche quote they ended on, "without music, life would be a mistake."
And speaking of North Street Cabaret...later that night, that's where I was for Ben Sidran's 80th birthday celebration. His son, Leo, was on drums...the talent on that stage was astounding. 
I haven't seen Ben play since the 90s...& he lives right here in Madison. Disjointed jazz is not usually my thing...but Ben does it right...& he's such a wonderful storyteller with decades of memories to share. I can't believe I nearly stayed home. When it was all over...the guy sharing my table led the room in singing happy birthday.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment