Friday, September 22, 2023

Charlie Parr // Them Coulee Boys

Dress: Tiered Lemon Mini Dress by Rachel Parcell (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born via Poshmark
Earrings: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I need ALL the fruit dresses...especially citrus. Adorable lemon dress on a light blue background. Great fit thanks to the shirred back & adjustable ties at the shoulders. The boob "pockets" were slightly weird/ill-fitting with a bra, so I went without & that solved the problem...I don't think this would look right on anyone with larger than a C cup as that space is on the small side. This lightweight cotton dress came to me super wrinkled, so I had to spend quite a bit of time steaming it. 
Perhaps the sewn in boob areas were to mold your breasts to look like citrus? 
This was just a week after my chin lift revision surgery...so still puffy with bruising.
I love these glasses David surprised me with...I wear them far more than I do my leopard frames.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Loaded; Analogue, Fran, & Legend eyeshadow from KVD; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork & Nectar; Essie nail polish in Aim to Misbehave; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I first wore this dress to a follow-up appointment with my surgeon who fixed my neck...I think we took the remaining stitches out on this day & I won't go back to see him until January so he can make sure everything healed nicely & take photos. Afterwards...I headed over to Edgewater to secure a table for Charlie Parr. All the tables were taken, so I strolled across the patio to a different section & found a free one...which I then had to drag quite a ways to get it in front of the stage. It made a terrible noise & this is how you know you are not a hot young thing...not one guy watching this offered to help...although one woman did make an encouraging woman power gesture at me. 
Kate & Jason arrive! I made us a new picnic recipe I found on NYT Cooking, Sheet-Pan Roasted Salmon Niçoise Salad. It was delightful! I was excited there was enough left for me to share with David when I got home. 
Kate's favorite thing is when I take pictures of her eating...can you tell? Cuties!
Char Parr!
These sandals fell apart as I was wearing them. I bought them new on Poshmark & only wore them ~4 times. Born have been crumbling on me lately & it makes me sad as I adore these flower shoes. 
The second & final time I wore this dress was to Kate's Summer Sunday Spirit-free Spritz Soirée (though it was a Saturday because she switched the date)...I had a fridge full of stuff from our CSA that I needed to use...so I cut up a yellow doll watermelon, cantaloupe, & cucumbers...doused them with balsamic vinegar & a dash of salt...& threw in some fresh basil...& this has become my new favorite thing to do with fruit. YUM. 
We mixed up some delightful concoctions & had a lovely visit.  
We mixed up delightful concoctions & had a lovely visit.
Then I headed over to Orton Park Fest for a 5pm Them Coulee Boys show. They had a wooden stage laid out on the grass & I took a place up front & danced through their whole set. They just get better & better. It was so much fun! 
My after dance glow...walking back to the car. I parked by Sultan, a new Pakistani restaurant...it smelled soooo good. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment