Thursday, January 5, 2023

Lots of Cooking

Dress: Geo Print Pleated Amiya Fit & Flare Dress by Leota (size L) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fidji 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-45
I grew to be quite fond of this dress...at first I thought...oh, no...there's  grey in it...but the green & black dominated & the print was unusual. I don't think there are nearly enough dresses that include olive. I especially like the pleating at the waist of this Amiya dress dress...I prefer it to having a tie at the waist to create definition. Great fit & length...as usual with Leota, I had to pin the neckline closed. 
Ever since surgery...I think my boobs look so big. I guess it's just that there's less skin below them? Less of a butt though. 
I love these shoes so much (olive & black patent!) & am thrilled when I have an outfit they work with. Kate got me these...at the same time she bought herself an adorable pair of shoes from Fly London...which I had never heard of before...now I have several pairs. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner & eyeshadow in Mildew, Monroe & Oxide eyeshadow by Natasha Denona, MAC lipliner in Chicory, Bronze Shimmer lipstick from MAC, & China Glaze nail polish in Argo. 
I first threw this dress on to go to the last farmers' market before Christmas with David. We loaded up...spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, onions, cabbage...& other veggie delights. After market, grocery shopping at the co-op...that's Shaun, he's my favorite guy in the fish department. 
I was really on a roll with Andy Baraghani's The Cook You Want To Be...here is his Fall Apart Caramelized Cabbage Smothered in Anchovies & Dill, served with Venison Medallions with Blueberry Sage Sauce that David made. December Boxy Charm. 
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band played a small Christmas show online from their home. Kate was watching it too...we were both surprised how short it was...1/2 an hour? But they are so much fun & I can't wait to see them live again. 
NYT Cooking recipes...Sheet Pan Fish (Salmon) Tikka with Spinach, served with one of our favorites...Brussels with Bacon & Kimchi. My first time back at Pilates after surgery!!! Oh, my goodness...I have lost so much of my core strength, but it felt so good to be back. Later that day...I got my hair cut while wearing this outfit...& Sigrid had the most delicious Enstrom Almond Toffee tempting me on her counter. I had 2...but honestly, I could have eaten the whole bowl...toffee is totally my thing. Popped into Meat People Butcher to pick up a beef tenderloin...Anna is so nice. 
More yummy recipes from The Cook You Want To Be...
And more cooking...Garlicky Beef Tenderloin with Orange Horseradish Sauce, served with Fennel Buried in Cream (my final recipe from Andy's book...for now). The co-op had been out of fennel for weeks, so I stopped by a different store & all they had were these 2 sad looking bulbs...but I was desperate, so I bought them. Why is there a fennel shortage? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment