Friday, January 27, 2023

Cooking & Thrifting

Dress: Scarlet Floral Printed Zoey Dress by Maison Tara (size 10) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Enneagram: Peacemaker
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: Colleen Toland
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This dress seemed dowdy & conservative to me at first...but as I wore it...it felt vintage & ultra feminine. It was way too big, but that wide smocked waist gave it a shape. I adored the puffed sleeves & midi length. I did have to pin the neckline closed.
It was David's idea to take pictures at Olbrich Garden...I protested that there was no point without flowers...but it turns out dormant/dead things are pretty too.
I think these Fluevogs furthered the vintage vibe.
I need a bigger dangly red flower earring...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, Huda Beauty Ruby Obsessions eyeshadow palette, UD lipliner in 714, Santa Sangre lipstick from Kat von D, & Misery nail polish by ILNP. 
I first wore this dress to work...& also to get a lymphatic massage from Courtney. She is doing wonders for the surgery swelling in my body...but she's also so much fun to talk to. And I have to drive past a Goodwill on my way home...so I usually stop. Check out those purple boots! I always get excited when I see shoes are made in Italy or Spain...so even though I hadn't heard of FX Fluxa...they were purple & cute. I looked them up at home & they were ~$300 new. I made Peanut-Crusted Salmon with Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Lemon Vinaigrette for dinner. A few cardigans from Poshmark. 
The final straggler showed up...my favorite of the Lesley Evers tights I ordered. January Boxy Charm. A date with our personal trainer, Annie...she taught us how to do the Turkish Get-Up...great full-body workout you can easily do at home (we've got kettlebells)...it was HARD...& we worked on proper form for our deadlifts. Dinner that night was Sheet-Pan Roasted Chicken & Mustard-Glazed Cabbage. 
And the next day...I made Parsi-Style Sweet, Sour, & Spicy Shrimp (we are LOVING Vishwesh Bhatt's book, I Am From Here), served with Fennel-Apple Salad with Candied Pecans. I did a new thing here & I roasted the riced cauliflower with some of the spices in the dish...YUM. 
Pilates! I get SO excited to go to this class...I never would have suspected I'd turn into a person who likes exercise...Pilates just makes me feel so capable since I can see improvement each time I go. Vinny's westside exploration turned up these floral heels. I posted them on Facebook wondering if they were too boring...& Kate respond with...of course you would be worried that something that elaborate might be boring *laugh*...but I really was worried (I bought them even though they were a smidge big).
I also found some cardigans, above...& gym clothes, below. I got this belt off of eBay...the seller called it blue (it's green) & it was already peeling terribly. I needed it for an upcoming outfit, so I tried dyeing it navy, but it didn't take. I got a refund for it. It's too bad because the style is fantastic. I now need a belt collection. And a jaunt through the Goodwill by the co-op turned up a boxy shoulder padded plaid Limited jacket, a blue velvet ModCloth dress, & some cardigans. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely dress! I am envious over those boots, but ugh, can't do heels like that anymore. Leather belts only!

    ReplyDelete