Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Super Boo's Birthday Celebration

 Dress: Yellow Star Print Fit & Flare Dress by Unique Vintage (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: MAK via Modcloth (size 4x)
Tights: We Love Colors in Navy
Shoes: Born
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earring & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Yellow is the color of happiness...& this dress made me smile. Unfortunately, I decided to get this a size bigger than my typical size & it was...surprise, too big. Otherwise I would have bought it. The cut & length were great...& with short sleeves...this dress could be worn in all seasons. 
I was rather pleased with how this outfit came together...especially once I remembered I had a red star bracelet. 
My right leg is still swollen, but not as bad as it was a few days ago.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Huda Beauty Neon eyeshadow palette, No Tell Motel lipstick by UD, & Lustgarten nail polish from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. 
How fun are these shoes?! 
I wore this dress for Super Boo's birthday! I picked out about a dozen Fluevogs for David to pick from & these are his fabulous pimp daddy choice...I LOVE them!
Every year on the morning of David's birthday, I present him with a menu of options for things we could do throughout the day...including several events that happen to be taking place around town. Every year, he reads through it...& we do none of it. BUT...this year, we did! Birthdays can be tricky. 
We started out our day at Heritage Tavern for brunch which was delightfully delicious. David had a pork confit omelet & a Bloody Mary...I had this wonderful apple French toast with dollops of garam masala spiced cream & a champagne cocktail with pomegranate & lime. 
The snowflakes came down nearly all day...making nests in our hair...
After brunch, we conveniently walked just next door to The Bartell Theatre to see Strollers production of Almost, Maine. What a charming play...made up of short plays about love. This was a marvelous surprise as we figured it could go either way & we'd end up leaving at intermission. It was wonderful. 
After the play...I suggested we could get Basque Cake at Estrellón...which turned into a whole meal as we were both hungry. 
With the weather outside...we had the place to ourselves nearly the entire time.
We started out the meal with a dish I've been dreaming about since we had it last year...Gambas al Ajillo...gulf shrimp in a garlic chili oil & vinegar with perhaps a very concentrated seafood stock...the shrimp are cooked to perfection, of course...but soaking slices of toasted baguette in the oil is one of the great pleasures of life. They only serve it with two pieces, & it needs six...so we ask for more bread...but what about the poor people who don't?! I was so overjoyed to be served this dish, that I forgot to take a photo. 
For our main meal...Valenciana Paella, which is always a treat. 
 And the reason for living...Basque Cake...Oh, My! 
I also wore this dress a few days later to go to work, have these photos taken, & pay a visit to the lovely Erika Koivunen at her studio to discuss the making of a gate for our house. Violet is a destroyer of pillows...our living room furniture is going to be full of pillows with tassels & other enticing trim...so...we thought a decorative piece of art to guard the doorway would be a fun way to go...I'm excited to see what she comes up with. 

1 comment:

  1. It is always a pleasure to read your stories and look at your great photos. I enjoyed it so much ��

    ReplyDelete