Thursday, August 30, 2018

Smiling Sunflowers

 Dress: Sunflower Print Mixed Media Dress by eShakti (size 30) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Sunflowers! One of my favorite flowers...I couldn't resist buying this dress. It's such a great girlie swirly length & the bottom half fits wonderfully...the top is big since I have to get the size 30 because the sunflower fabric has no stretch & it comes above the waist. It's similar to this bird dress I bought last year, that I regret buying. But I will love this sunflower dress forever. 
 Smiling happy sunflowers make me feel joyful. I started buying flowers at farmers' market this year when the sunflowers started showing up...they greet me every morning on the kitchen counter when I make my iced coffee & I start my day off with a smile. Every time I wear this dress, I will remember those first sunflowers & how important it is to do things for yourself that bring you joy.
 I'm not sure what's up with those orange swoops...
I first wore this dress to try out the smelt fries at The Tin Fox in Kate's new 'hood. They were alright. My salad was gross, but those maple syrup cheese curds were worth trying...I don't need to have them ever again, but they were good. We'll stick to Gates & Brovi for all our smelt needs. 
 Girlie cocktails...
I also wore this dress on the weekend I visited my grandma & mom. I've always loved the ceiling in the upstairs where I sleep. The three of us drove into Detroit (20 min.) to cruise around Belle Isle & look at Canada. That fountain is gorgeous.  
Then we went out for Polish dinner in Hamtramck...YUM. And later we played Gin Rummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment