Monday, January 16, 2017

Christmas in Madison

 Dress: Sweet Cut Out Dress by City Chic (size XXL/26) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Leggings: Torrid (still available)
Boots: Steve Madden
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this City Chic dress for Christmas...because that's what I had at home from GB, so I didn't have to think about it. GB saves me from staring at my closet for hours wondering what to wear. I adored the cutouts in this dress (they are mirrored in the back as well), but holy buckets was this dress HEAVY...the fabric was like a canvas bag with a lot of texture. Because of this, it seemed like a more casual dress to me (think: denim), which made it perfect for spending Christmas Eve at home with friends. I added the touches of red to make it more festive. Also, I typically don't get excited by pockets in dresses...but these pockets were so deep & useful...I could have nearly fit my entire purse contents into them without any worry that anything would fall out. 
This was my first Christmas spent in Madison since starting this blog. David & I usually travel to California to spend the holiday with his family...but he'll be going out there this month to celebrate his parent's 50th anniversary. We got to spend Christmas together at home, which we were looking forward to & very much enjoyed. 
I found these brand new Steve Madden boots last month...in the bedroom...still in the box stuffed with tissue...never worn. I suspect I bought them in the late 90s/early 00s. Then...they got lost. You'll be seeing them here constantly as I'm in love & can hardly believe they fit my 19" calves. 
Lasagna! The traditional dinner of Christmas. I make 3 different kinds...meat, veggie, & seafood. The best thing is I make extras to freeze so we have meals throughout winter. As excited as David & I were to spend Christmas at home...we never did get around to putting up a tree...so he went out to a tree place & got some pine branches to decorate the house. It seemed pointless to stress about putting up a tree when it's something I like to take my time with & enjoy...hopefully we'll do it next year when we're in our new house. We have a new house...which you'd already know...but I'm behind in blogging (as in life).
Angie made the best Caesar salad...I need to remember to get her dressing recipe. And of course Kate brought fabulous bottles of wine...including a sparkling riesling. 
My favorite part of dinner...garlic bread! Unposed eating shots of everyone but me...sorry. Kate made a squash lasagna with no dairy that was tasty. Olive likes to sit at the table...
Dessert was chocolate, chocolate stout cupcakes, & Jamaican fruit cake (fruit soaked in booze for a year)...yum. 
Whenever Kate & Jason are near each other...they are cute. Kate & I notice...we sort of match. Pine branches...they could be antlers...or used for a fan dance...
We didn't actually leave the house at all on Christmas day...so I wasn't wearing this outfit when we opened presents...but I'll stick this here anyway. Some of my presents from David...Kiyonna dresses, many pairs of shoes...
Kat von D make-up...including the Metal/Matte palette!!! And the most amazingly buttery soft leather gloves handmade in Italy...in orange & red. 
One of the things I got David was stockings for our new home (we have a fireplace!) from a seller on etsy who is a costume designer & makes her stockings out of vintage fabrics. 
Even the inside is gorgeous. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Kat von D eyeshadow in Nebula, Flash, & Ignite; Luster blush by Nars; Perfect Red lipstick by NYX; & OPI nail polish in An Affair in Red Square & Glow Up Already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment