Monday, September 12, 2016

The Central Park Sessions: The Saharan Session

 Dress: Essential Wrap Dress in Green Print by Kiyonna (size 4x)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Clarks
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I last wore this dress in September 2014...I had forgotten how short it was...indecently so. I can't believe I wore the same accessories as I did last time...you'd think I didn't have any other green or black jewelry. I adore Kiyonna wrap dresses...I just wish this was a few inches longer. 
I found these black patent leather Clarks on eBay...I have a pair just like them in flat black that I've been wearing for over a decade when I have to walk a lot...they've been all over with me...San Francisco, Barcelona, Italy, France, Seattle...but they are looking quite sad...so I'm hoping these will replace them. Shiny makes comfortable sensible shoes a bit more fun...yes?
When I learned this lovely historic old home was having an estate sale...I had to go drool over the magnificence of this stunning late 1800s house. It's okay from the outside...but inside it is spectacular...fireplaces in all the downstairs rooms (& bedrooms too, though those were still being used & not open), curved glass windows in the library leading to a circular back porch, 12 foot ceilings & pocket doors *swoon* I left with nothing...but it was wonderful to take it all in. It is for sale for just over a million $$. 
I took myself out to Indian buffet for lunch afterwards. Then in the evening...live music with Kate...The Saharan Sessions...we missed the first band, then it poured...I tried to get a photo of all the people huddled in the tent with us as a massive amount of rain fell...but all I managed to capture was another woman trying to take a picture of the rain...as if we'd never seen rain before. 
After it cleared up...Kate danced to Daby Touré...though there were 2 men that were such interesting dancers I had to take a video & I spent most of the time watching them. The headliner was Fatoumata Diawara from Mali. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Sephora eyeliner in Brown, NYX eyeshadow palettes in Avant Pop-Art Throb & Brights, Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Tangerine & Lime, MAC lipstick in Korean Candy, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game?

No comments:

Post a Comment