Thursday, March 31, 2016

Polish Spring Festival

 Dress: Knot Front Dress in Blue Polka Dot by Lucie Lu (size 5x)
Cardigan: Lands' End (size 3x)
Shoes: Mossimo, thrifted
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to a Polish spring fest & erranding on a Sunday & on another day to work. I purchased this dress waaaaay back in the summer of 2014 & have only worn it one other time. I love it, I just have a LOT of clothes. I bought a bunch of Lucie Lu dresses that year from GB for $15-20...they used to have much lower prices & many 50% off sales. I adore the sweetheart neckline & the vintage dotty vibe. Also, I don't know what I did before finding these shiny blue shoes at Savers...I wear them at least once a week.
I am 75% Polish & grew up with Polish food & family members on both sides speaking Polish. Every year I intend on going to this festival, but have never made it until now. I was planning on going alone...but David said he was interested in coming with me. The food was alright, but the pierogis I make with Angie are better & her mother-in-law's sauerkraut is the best. I was fascinated watching this guy draw intricate patterns on eggs with wax & dyeing them. Gorgeous. I used to do this as a child, but obviously mine were not as lovely. My favorite part was blowing the egg innards out. 
New tights! I now have all the colors that We Love Colors makes that I want...now they need to introduce more colors. Isn't that dress pretty? I spent a bit of time browsing magazines at the book store while David picked out a card for his dad. This is a slip with a scarf sewn on...
Sephora invited me to become a member of their monthly subscription box, Play! I'm in love...all this for only $10 a month, shipped! So far the only thing I've tried is the Kat von D Tattoo Liner...perfection. I can't believe I tried 2 subscription boxes in one month that I like. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Sephora's Jem collection eyeshadows in Aja, Stormer, & Minx; NYX Russian Red lipstick, & O'Hare & Nails Look Great by OPI. 

9 comments:

  1. The beauty of the space and food get 5 juicy stars. The place was built with class! I'm no critic, but these Chicago event venues makes you appreciate design and aesthetics. I went to two events here. Both times, I had a great experience.

    ReplyDelete